_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Can not even get into photos anymore
BobCard
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 115 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 02:48 AM UTC
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16384 bytes) in /home/kitmaker/gallery/pp-inc.php on line 1482

This is the message I get when ever I click on the photos tab.
Is this still being worked on or is there another story going around?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 03:44 AM UTC
Hi Bob,
I am sorry to say we have just about killed our gallery. The software was not designed properly to handle so many photos, users, and categories so it's just 'giving up the ghost' when it tries to build the menu view. It was just happening for staff members a few days ago but now it's happening for users as well (apparently).

I have a replacement photo gallery system already but I still need to import all our existing users into it and setup new code to sync passwords and emails. Unfortunately I also have to build a whole new process for us to add photos for articles and site content, and this has a higher priority so the other will have to come after.

These 2 projects are tops on my list of things to do though.

Thanks,
Jim
BobCard
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 115 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 07:05 AM UTC
Hi Jim, Thanks for responding.
I was playing with my photos and such when I found the problem. I suppose like a few others I can just use Photobucket untill things are fixed. I would still like to see the A-Guard but I know things must change. I'll just wait untill you have things sorted out until I start playing again.
Thanks again Jim,
Bob
 _GOTOTOP