Local, Regional, or International.
How was the Replicon show?
panzergoth
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 142 Posts
KitMaker Network: 34 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 04:53 PM UTC
Hey guys, I know that a few of you went to Replicon show in Long Island and was just wondering how it was. I am really chomping at the bit to got to Mosquitocon on the 4th. Tell me what you thought about the show, thanks
calvin_ng
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,024 Posts
KitMaker Network: 270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 05:06 PM UTC
well , it was GREAT!!! i met someone from armorama, i got a couple of figure kits , a couple of resin mgs ans am stuff all for 49$
panzergoth
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 05:59 AM UTC
That is awesome , Calvin. So I take it that vendors were cutting deals left and right in order to move stuff. One of the fears that some guys are having about going to shows is that vendors might not cut deals because of their operating expenses and the economy. I for one try to wait for shows to buy stuff because I know I can get better deals there and get all the goodies as well. So did you enter anything and how was the armor category? Was there a strong representation? Also did you compete at Mosquitocon last year or the yr. before with a Stug.B with a panzer gray scheme that won? It was an Asian guy that won and it was a beautiful piece. I think it was 1/48. Let me know, thanks, Jim R.
calvin_ng
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,024 Posts
KitMaker Network: 270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 06:32 AM UTC
hey jim , i didnt enter anything in the show, i am waiting for my skills and techniques to get better. i havent been to mosquitocon before , but i hope i will.
panzergoth
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 09:31 AM UTC
Hi Calvin, I know that your wrist is broken but if you can get to Mosquitocon next Saturday then do so it is like Replicon but bigger and better [ in my opinion] but if not then there is AMPS in Havre De Grace next month. it will be the last show there and you do not want to miss it . It is the ground zero for the armor show of shows and they are having Steve Zaloga, Chris Mrosko, me, [ just kidding and many other heavy hitters and the talent is second to none. I am going to try to post some of my photos today on the armor section of the forum since my daughter is visiting and she is good with the tech stuff.
ZONER1
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 55 Posts
KitMaker Network: 46 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 09:08 AM UTC
By way of specifics, there were 80 vendor tables and 280 models on the tables across categories. Small armor was better represented than large. Best in show went to a huge scratbulit model of starship enterprise that lit up and did everything but fire phasers. About 500 came through the doors and there wee many happy kids at the Make-n-take tables. The Long Island Scale Model Society is hosting a regional at the American Airpower Museum next year that promises to be awesome, so make your plans and start building now!

_GOTOTOP