_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Help finding a store
jhealy2688
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 11:07 AM UTC
Hi I just moved to New York, NY and I recently started modeling I was wondering if anyone knew of a good hobby store here that has a good selection of WWII models and diorama parts and accesories
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 11:29 AM UTC
Long Island or across the river in Jersey.
I'm not aware of any more hobby shops in NYC.
Strand books is a good place to check for old out of print books, been years since I've been there though. Since Polks, and ACE, and Skyway books disappeared, nothing has replaced them in the city, that I know of.
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 12:35 PM UTC
Hi, If your close to the GW Bridge, you might just jump across the bridge, take 46 south to the Broad Ave./Grand Ave exit Palisades Park or Ridgefield. (5 -6 minute drive from the Bridge). You will easily find the Ridgefield Hobby Shop. Havn't been there in about 6 years since I moved to Western Pa, but they had a really good selection of kits there. Good luck in your search. I would check them out online or call them and check on the stock there.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 02:55 PM UTC
Ridgefield Hobbies
Don't let the lack of kits on the website put you off.
Visit the back room and basement...... you'll be amazed at whats packed into it.
panzergoth
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 142 Posts
KitMaker Network: 34 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 04:58 PM UTC
Hi, this guy doesnt have a shop but he is a vendor at different shows. His name is Gene Bagnoli and he is out of Staten Island, he will be at Mosquitocon in Wayne N.J. on April 4th and Replicon in Long Island on the 28th. I have known Gene from the shows for 12 years and NO ONE cuts deals like Gene and he is a helluva nice guy. He goes by S. AND J. Hobbies and his phone number is 718-979-0882 Gene also advertises in MMIR if you call him he can get stuff in advance of shows or mail it to you. He has an email but I forget it , if you have an MMIR it is in there. There is also Avenel hobbies in Avenel, N.J. and they have a really good selection of kits and aftermarket stuff that is out on display, but they are straight retail.
 _GOTOTOP