_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Operation Enduring Hobby!!!!!!!
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,434 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 07:24 PM UTC
Hey guys, this is no new idea for some of us, sending care items for our service members fighting conflicts overseas. But here i'm sitting here reading posts in some of the forums here and I see some of our buys are models builders like us......NO NEW ONE THERE!!!! Well I contacted one of our ARMORAMA members serving Iraq by PM to see if he'd like some stuff to build a model and of course the model kit itself. So here is the plan, Let see about getting some stuff together, maybe some kits we'll never get to in our life time and send it to the guys and gals overseas!!!!! Some other things to think about COOKIES the Armed Forces favorite, Underwear always in short suply(hell and always good for rags), Kool Aid is always good too. So If you think this is a good idea reply and I'm going to help find Ways to send out some needed CARE packages to Brave men and women overseas... STUG
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2003 - 12:05 AM UTC
Cool idea Stug!
Question - what about paint, glue etc. Do you foresee any problems shipping that kind of stuff. I guess not only in terms of its survivability via air mail but how about to such a location.
I'm all for it just trying to work out logistics in my head.
 _GOTOTOP