_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
logging in ?
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 887 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 08:21 AM UTC
I signed up a couple of months ago, no problem whatsoever, now though, for whatever reason there might be, I can't simply come stright onto the site without having to log in first every time, and I do mean every time, if I ask a question on the armorama board and recieve a reply, to get the reply I can't simply read and reply myself I have to log in. Why ? This never happened before, once I signed in, I'd come onto the board any time, answer any question without a problem, now to do that, I have to log in, could someone please explain why this is as this is driving me up the wall, thanks.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 09:24 AM UTC
Alec it sounds like a problem with your PC, clean out your cookies and then see if after signing in again your problem is cured. if not please add further details to this topic.
bigal07
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 05:09 AM UTC
Hello Darren, thanks for the reply, I normally wash out my system once a month delete cookies, history etc etc, and then on top of this my Norton does a full scan every so often and the only problem that has is tracking cookies which results in 1 problem that requires attention, simply click on and get rid of, so I don't believe its my computer, having said that, I followed your advise and had to sign in once again, so, could you please reply to this with basically anything just so I can give you a reply. Then, if I have to still log in every time, then I obviously have a problem other than cookies, stangely enough I've never had this problem before. look forward to your reply.
CMOT
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 05:40 AM UTC
I am sorry Alec I really thought that would be the problem, the only other suggestion I can make is to PM/E-mail Staff Jim who may be able to suggest something else.
bigal07
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 06:36 AM UTC
Darren - straight in this time without having to log-in, so maybe with fingers and toes crossed it might just be a glitch (2 days long eh), but thank you for your time though.
CMOT
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 09:13 AM UTC
No problem Alec just glad I could help, hang on a minute i didn't help it sorted itself! Glad it is sorted.
bigal07
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 02:17 AM UTC
Hi Darren, if I may use this response as an excuse to ask you something about the kit maker gallery. So far. I've managed 1 photo and that took ages to do, every time I try and download several photo's I get nothing at the end of it, I don't want to pay for a photo express service or splash out money to join something else, I am with Flickr and at the moment I display a few photo's when I ask a question, then lucky for me, someone then does me a turn and - well basically makes it viewable if that's a word for everyone else, the sort of thing that's way above my head. And if you couldn't guess, I am crap with computers not got a clue, so any help getting photo's onto my kit maker gallery would be great. Look forward to hearing from you.
CMOT
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 05:54 AM UTC
I believe you are asking why you cannot upload a number of image at a time. The gallery currently has a problem which in a nutshell is caused by way too many images being stored, this will be resolved soon as Staff Jim is applying a new gallery to resolve the issue. If I have got your question wrong then here is a guide to uploading and displaying images
bigal07
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 06:39 AM UTC
Hi Darren, you are correct, problems loading several photo's at once, I'll wait until its been sorted out, thank you for your time.
 _GOTOTOP