_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi all i just joined today
mauricethebear2009
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 34 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 01:22 PM UTC
Hiya,
I've been into model building for as long as i can remember..i guess it took off when i used to model build and wargame with a mate years ago...he was the axis powers in world war two and i was the allies...through him i came to learn about the more obscure and unusual German Military War Machine...after we went our seperate ways i was left to ponder the the strange and exotic names of the military equipment he used..such names as Comet..Salamander..Arrow etc..in those days any imformation on these things was to say the least thin on the ground and we didn't have the internet to trawl through..so i went to the library..there i found in a dark corner a book called wings of the Luftwaffe..from there i travelled the journey that led to a bedroom full of models mostly unbuilt! I decided long ago that 1/72 scale was best for not taking up too much space..as the years went by i discovered more and more about these weapons and model manufacturers started to release models of them..i soon discovered Hannants and that was it really...I've been building in just about every media so far..i think the only form i haven't attempted is vacform..i wouldn't say i'm the greatest of modellers,but i really enjoy the hobby...if anyone has an interest in the world war two German military secret projects or otherwise i'd love to hear from them..i also have a massive spares box from years of building all 1/72 scale..so if anyone needs any parts please let me know and who knows i might just have the part(s) you need! I also have a very extensive library of books that can be of great use for reference i'm sure. Just so you know..Nazism doesn't interest me..military history does.
i've gone on enough i think..

Thank you for letting me join..Steve in the UK
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 01:45 AM UTC
Hi Steve,
Welcome to the site.
Cheers,
Charles
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,331 Posts
KitMaker Network: 334 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 06:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

i wouldn't say i'm the greatest of modellers,but i really enjoy the hobby

Welcome, Steve. Stick around long enough, and you WILL be one the greatest of modelers. There are many around here, and they are very friendly and helpful with advice, suggestions and helpful techniques. Glad you joined, and don't be shy about posting pics of your work. After all, everyone here loves to look at models.

Cheers,
Mike
bellers
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 253 Posts
KitMaker Network: 28 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 07:14 AM UTC
hi steve welcome to the site
mvfrog
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 369 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 08:44 AM UTC
Hi:

Welcome aboard. You'll enjoy it here.

Matt
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 09:28 AM UTC
Hi Steve and welcome to the site mate so what are you currently working on ?
mauricethebear2009
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 12:42 PM UTC
Hiya,
I'm meddling with the Revell FW200 Condor in 1/72...the new kit is excellent so much detail...i really am sorry you won't see most of the cockpit on the model with so much detail inside..still debating whether to leave the engine covers open or closed...great fun...i only just dragged the box out so it's really just looking at the parts before i start at the moment....i still have some huge monsters waiting to be built as well..including the BV222 Viking by Revell!! So many to build..i even have the B52 bomber by Italeri to build and the New Jersey by Tamiya...utter chaos!!

Thank you for the welcome to the site...Steve in the UK
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 01:13 PM UTC
Hi Steve sounds like you've got some fun projects on the go i look forward to seeing some WIP shots
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 817 Posts
KitMaker Network: 122 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 01:20 PM UTC
hi Steve got the condor myself i build 1/72 aircraft too but mainly 1/35th armor, haven't got around to starting the condor yet, too many builds on the go so little time with work and all that. welcome to the site mate. Ant
mauricethebear2009
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 01:35 PM UTC
Thank you so much for the great welcome on the site...i'm dying to get some pics up on the site,but i'm not sure how to do it yet..and as for reviewing the models i have been on about i will soon as i know how to go about it! It's encouraged me to get down to more modelling joining this site...

Thank you for the great welcome once again..Steve in the UK
newfish
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,329 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2009 - 11:06 AM UTC
Hi buddy if you go onto site talk you will find how to upload photos onto forum posts.

Other than that welcome buddy!

_GOTOTOP