_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Hobby Shops in Alpharetta Georgia?
comp124
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 10 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 08:59 AM UTC
Hi All,
I just found out today that The War Room has closed, does anyone know of any hobby shops in the Roswell, Alpharetta area of Atlanta?
I know about Hobby Lobby and Michael's but neither of them carry a broad range of plastic modeling paints.
Thanks for your help.
seigersallee
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 04:57 AM UTC
There is HobbyTownUSA over on Barrette (sp?) Parkway in Kennesaw (?); however, they do not have a good selection of waterline (1/700) ships.

There is an excellent shop up in BlueRidge Ga (www.freetimehobbies.com). You can use their internet site to order or if the weather is nice, it is a very scenic drive from Alpharetta.

You can get there address from their website.

Oh, FreeTimeHobbies has a fantastic selection of 1/700 ships...
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 06:55 AM UTC
Yeah, unfortunately the Warroom closed about 2 years ago Steven, I'm a member of a local modeling club that used to meet there every other Wednesday night. Your best bet would be AAA Hobby in Marietta. I know it's not Alpharetta, but if you take 120 cross country it's not that bad, or you could shoot down 400 to 285 then to 75 north, and they are right off of 75. "Triple A" is a true hobby shop, none of the other stuff like Michaels or Hobby Lobby. If they don't have what you want they can get it for you. They carry several different brands of paint, including Tamiya, Vallejo, and Modelmaster, it's definitely worth a visit. Here is their phone # if your interested; 770-973-5666.

Best,
Mike
 _GOTOTOP