Poughkeepsie
Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,437 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 04:06 AM UTC
Hi Folks:

I just moved to NJ. I have not gone to any shows yet and I know more are to come later in NJ and AMPS too. But, is this show worth driving a couple of hours? Located at a mall...

Bob
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 07:57 AM UTC
If you're wiling to go a bit further afield there's our event in 3 weeks:

Valleycon 19 , is coming 29 March 2009 in Chicopee MA.

We have 50 vendor tables taken in the upstairs vendor room.

Alpenflage Hobbies, Rare Plane Detective, Sentinel Miniatures, Hobby Bunker, Olde Depot Hobbies, and Time Machine Hobbies are some of our vendors this year as well as a good selection of private vendors cleaning out their stashes.

Our display room is the largest and best lit in New England with room for over 50 display tables with leg extenders to make viewing easier.

We feature open (gold, silver bronze AMPS/figure show style) judging for armor, figures, vignettes/dioramas, collections and juniors and standard IPMS style (first, second, third) for the other classes.

We have on site hot food and are easy to reach from I-90 and I-91.

Hope to see many of you there.
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,531 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 04:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Folks:

I just moved to NJ. I have not gone to any shows yet and I know more are to come later in NJ and AMPS too. But, is this show worth driving a couple of hours? Located at a mall...

Bob

Hello Bob, which show are you refering to? The Hudson Valley Historical Miniatures Guild (HVHMG) has a show in October at the Elk's club in Poughkeepsie. They are putting on a display at the Poughkeepsie Galleria on March 15th. Is that what you are refering to? Al
Burik
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,437 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 01:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Folks:

Bob

Hello Bob, which show are you refering to? The Hudson Valley Historical Miniatures Guild (HVHMG) has a show in October at the Elk's club in Poughkeepsie. They are putting on a display at the Poughkeepsie Galleria on March 15th. Is that what you are refering to? Al

Yes. Thanks. I will keep the show in October in mind. I did not know this month was a display, and not a show.

TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,531 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 01:04 AM UTC
Glad I could clear that up for you Bob. The HVHMG show in October is definitely worth a look. I may be slightly prejudiced, being a member. There are usually a lot of models on the tables, a good selection of vendors, and a great bunch of guys from all over the area. Hope to see you there. Al
panzergoth
Visit this Community
entire network: 142 Posts
KitMaker Network: 34 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 04:54 AM UTC
Hi Robert, there is Mosquitocon at the Wayne, N.J. PAL facility on 4/4/09, you have the N.J. Historical Miniature figure show at same location[ PAL] this coming weekend, AMPS in Havre De Grace , Maryland, and MFCA in Wilmington Delaware coming up also. Where exactly in N.J. do you live? I am in Moorestown just outside of Cherry Hill [ exit 4 of N.J. Tpk.] We have a pretty decent armor group down here called the Tank Crew that meets in Cinnaminson on the 2nd Wed. of the month. If interested contact me at [email protected], see ya, Jim Rosado
 _GOTOTOP