_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Unable to upload photos
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 386 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 11:05 PM UTC
Guys,
I've tried 3 times in the last 48 hours to upload some photos, in each case they appear to have loaded, & I get a successful message, but the photos still haven't appeared in my gallery. I read that there is some problem with the galleries, is this still ongoing? Also, I tried to delete a couple to make more room, but that option seems to have disappeared also. I'm aware I haven't added anything to the gallery for months, has it been disabled or something?
woody6968
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 454 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 09:35 AM UTC
hi steve,let me just start by letting you know im no expert here but try the edit button when you have your picture up (not as thumb nail )im having a few problems too ,, dont let this put you and keep trying ,, it will all be worth it when you get your pics up, and everyone can see them ..
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 11:06 AM UTC
Ditto I'm no expert either but when I reduced my pictures to 800x600 they went right in.

hopefully this helps
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 06:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Guys,
I've tried 3 times in the last 48 hours to upload some photos, in each case they appear to have loaded, & I get a successful message, but the photos still haven't appeared in my gallery. I read that there is some problem with the galleries, is this still ongoing? Also, I tried to delete a couple to make more room, but that option seems to have disappeared also. I'm aware I haven't added anything to the gallery for months, has it been disabled or something?

Steve/All,
I didn't see anything in your uploads folder that might be causing a problem with uploads (and I am deleteing all cache folders just to make sure), but it's likely your problem is with file size. When I do tests in the gallery lately it seems to get a bit hazy about warning people that there selected image is too large. 3MB is technically the limit but I would try to upload something smaller and perhaps even pre-size it to 800 x 600 for best results.

Hope that helps. A new gallery is weeks away (2-4).

Thanks,
Jim
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,096 Posts
KitMaker Network: 69 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 11:58 PM UTC
This mite sound a bit silly but how do i re-size the pic's i want to put in the gallery i can,t seem to figure it out on my computer?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 02:40 AM UTC
If you have Windows XP here is one good method:

http://www.steve.maurer.net/tutorials/XP_tutorials/xp_resize_pics.htm

You can also use most photo editing software.

Jim
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 07:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Guys,

Steve/All,
I didn't see anything in your uploads folder that might be causing a problem with uploads (and I am deleteing all cache folders just to make sure), but it's likely your problem is with file size. When I do tests in the gallery lately it seems to get a bit hazy about warning people that there selected image is too large. 3MB is technically the limit but I would try to upload something smaller and perhaps even pre-size it to 800 x 600 for best results.

Hope that helps. A new gallery is weeks away (2-4).

Thanks,
Jim

Hopefully what we got in ur current galleries will just transfer,or are you talkng about starting all over again with a whole new setup ???
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 386 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2009 - 07:35 AM UTC
Thanks for the advice guys. Turns out I was just being a biff & trying to load the pictures full-size! It's what we call in motorcycling a "handlebar thrombosis" (i.e. a clot at the controls!).
 _GOTOTOP