_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Back in the saddle, again
DioRandy
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 108 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 01:28 PM UTC
Hey, everyone
I've recently returned to the hobby, thanks in part to this amazing and inspiring site, and find myself once again involved in multiple projects. Old habits are hard to break. There's just so much to be enthused about.
I've literally spent days pouring over the tremendous wealth of information provided by everyone involved. Thanks to all!
I lost interest in the hobby, mainly because of the frustration I felt trying to incorporate every resin and photo-etch detail kit available into every project I embarked on. No more! I 'm in it for the pure pleasure of the building process, the finished product and the sharing of ideas and experiences with my fellow modelers on this site.
Happy modeling!!
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 01:31 PM UTC
Welcome back to the craft Randy what are you working on at the moment?
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 01:40 PM UTC
Welcome back Randy. Keep On Modelin ! milvehfan
DioRandy
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 108 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 02:08 PM UTC
Hey, Lyndon
I'm working on two projects at the moment, both are dioramas. I'm attempting to finish one I started at least five years ago. The focal point is Tamiya's late-war Panther G, complete with Verlinden engine deck, resin turret and detail set and fruil metal tracks. I swear it weighs five pounds! The tank is complete, but my photos need some work.
I'm nearing completion of a five-man squad of winter-clad GI's by S&T who have just come across the broken-down and abandoned Panther. I'm thinking of calling it "DOA."
The other will feature Dragon's Initial Production Tiger I, the 3 in 1 kit from a few years ago. I've always wanted to try my hand at a winter scene, so I purchased Tank's German Tankers Winter 1942-45. I'm very pleased with the quality of the figures and how they turned out. The Tiger, on the otherhand, is still in the building process. I'm still tossing around ideas for the diorama.
Happy modeling!
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 11:24 PM UTC
Gotta love the hobby - I think you'll find that this site has a lot of members who will be happy to help and share encouragement.

I encourage you to take a look at all the different areas of the site and of the network. Each site has a toolbar across the top for features, reviews, campaigns (group builds). There is a site for each genre of modeling - check out the switch sites combo box at the top.
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 04:26 PM UTC
sounds good Randy can't wait to see the pics
montythefirst
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts