_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
hello from Nova Scotia
Kaz
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
entire network: 40 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 11:50 AM UTC
Modeling for a few years now . Been finding myself admiring the work posted here more and more often . Got a number of finished tanks but no camara good enough to take any detailed photos for a post. Will change that in near future.Any sugestions ? I'm not yet independently wealthy so modeling comes after the family and job obligations , ha , ha , ha I'm sure i'm not the only one . Can't find anyone in my area ( Amherst ) who is remoteley interested in this Hobby so internet is my lifeline. Moved to Nova Scotia from Vancouver 4 years ago , home renovations mostly done ( except for the model room , but that's not on my wifes short list of things to do. it may not be pretty but I'm lucky enough to have one .!/35 german tanks take up most of my shelf space along with a few 1/16 tamiya figures.
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 01:34 PM UTC
Hello and Welcome. This is a good site, lots of good folks on here. Its been very helpful for me with finding kits I'd like to build and getting advice on modeling. No camera here either, but working on that also. KeepOn Modelin, milvehfan
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 02:04 PM UTC
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Kitmaker group of sites

Originally from South Africa where modellers tend to stay in the closet, I can certainly relate your feeling a bit lonely. Online modelling communities like this a lifeline to modellers like us. That said, I'm sure through Kitmaker you'll find a few folks that are closer than you think

Quoted Text

!/35 german tanks take up most of my shelf space along with a few 1/16 tamiya figures

Nice choice of models - I approve!!

Rudi
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 12:37 AM UTC
Welcome to KitMaker. There are lots of Canadians here so you should feel at home.

As far as a camera - the digital cameras today do a really good job. You don't need to spend a ton. Just make sure you have a Macro feature on it. That will allow you to get closeup shots.

As far as the site - make sure you get over and see all the sites, check out the Switch Sites combo box at the top.
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 04:42 AM UTC
Hey there Mike,

Just wanted to drop you a line to let you know that although not in Amherst, there are some guys in Moncton.

There are actually 2 small clubs, MASA (Moncton Area Scale Auto), although it is Moncton, there are guys from Saint John, Fredericton, etc that come to the monthly meetings. There is also the Muddy River Modelers which is a smaller group that is mostly military stuff. Even those the Moncton Car guys are mostly cars, we have been "polluting the gene pool" with them for a couple of years, getting more than just cars introduced.

There is also a club in Fredericton, CAMS (Capital Area Modeler's Society). I know that is a little far to go, but we do put on a show every year, our next one being on May 30th, and info on the show can be found on here as well.

The Moncton crew has a show that corresponds with the Atlantic National Car show coming up in July, again it is mostly a car show, but last year they started allowing military stuff in as well, as they had a couple of tables, this year we military guys apparently have a whole room...so that is cool.

I build everything and go to the meetings in Moncton as well as here in Fredericton.

As well I am the local hobby shop, located just outside of Fredericton, in Hanwell. If you follow my link it will take you to my website. I can do mail order, as well as run the shop from my home, so if you are ever in Fredericton stop in.

As well you will see a Maritime Modeler's website as well. It is a little forum started for us modelers in the Maritimes here lots of great people on there.....not as big or as complex as Armorama here.....but then again, our site is only the Maritmes/Atlantic Provinces mostly....so a smaller fan base so to speak.

If you are looking for any more information, either on the shows, the shop here, or just to shoot the breeze, e-mail me at: [email protected]

Kaz
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
entire network: 40 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 08:54 AM UTC
thanks for all the info and replys , I'll love to check out a meeting or attend a show around the east coast , I was an IPMS member of the Vancouver chapter and always enjoyed the monthly meetings and anual show, I might even make it to Fredericton to check out your shop Scott , once the temp. go up a little and some of this ice and snow goes away . Mike
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 09:07 AM UTC
Hi Mike welcome to the site i too love to build 1/35th German armour and i've recently gone into 1/48th AFV building
montythefirst
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 12:28 PM UTC
hi and welcome
 _GOTOTOP