_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Union Jack Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Bulldogs, Kitmaker Networks IPMS-UK branch
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 - 07:41 AM UTC
Many of you may know but for those that don't there is an IPMS-UK (International Plastic Model Society-UK) branch based on line here at the Kitmaker Network. We are known as the Bulldogs and our official title is IPMS-UK Kitmaker. Our web site is part of the Kitmaker Network and can be found HERE Drop in and say hello and find out which shows we will be attending around the country, where you can meet us and other fellow Kitmaker group members.

The original reason for forming the club was to meet modellers who met regularly online but wanted to meet face to face.

Drop in and say hi
newfish
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,329 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 - 08:26 AM UTC
I take it you have to be a memeber of ipms to join the Bulldogs. I saw them yesterday at crew i didnt manage to talk to anyone there wasnt anyone there just a few models

betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 715 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 07:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I take it you have to be a memeber of ipms to join the Bulldogs. I saw them yesterday at crew i didnt manage to talk to anyone there wasnt anyone there just a few models

Hi James, yes you have to be a member of the IPMS to join the Bulldogs, but if you are at a show that we are attending, please drop by and say hello.
As for no-one manning the Crewe stand, you will probably find they went shopping .
Andy
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 07:36 PM UTC
Hi James,
Thanks for letting me know that there was no one manning the stand, heads will role
Yes one of the requirements for membership is that you join the IPMS. However you don't have to take that step straight away. Come and visit us at shows and I'm sure that when you get to know us you will take that step. You can, if you like, bring along a couple of models for display and use the stand as a base for leaving your purchases.
martyncrowther
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,548 Posts
KitMaker Network: 91 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 10:59 PM UTC
I saw you guys at Crewe, there were a couple of you manning the stand but Keith was not there. As for IPMS-kitmaker would not mind being part of.

Martyn
newfish
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,329 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 04:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi James,
Thanks for letting me know that there was no one manning the stand, heads will role
Yes one of the requirements for membership is that you join the IPMS. However you don't have to take that step straight away. Come and visit us at shows and I'm sure that when you get to know us you will take that step. You can, if you like, bring along a couple of models for display and use the stand as a base for leaving your purchases.

Il join IPMS soon LOL
then il hope to see you guys soon

are you guys going to cosford?

lampie
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,249 Posts
KitMaker Network: 329 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 06:39 AM UTC
I dunno,,I go off for a cuppa tea and suddenly the stand becomes the Mary Celeste,,allegedly
Myself, Command Post and Grevious were there all day. ( apart from cuppas and shopping)
I think I actually spent more time chatting to people at this show than I ever have.
The Bulldogs will be at Cosford.
Nige
 _GOTOTOP