_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
BAD SERVICE FROM CROMWELL MODELS
funman4
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
entire network: 14 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 11:52 PM UTC
just want to let everybody know of my bad experience with cromwell models.

if you are thinking of placing an order with cromwell models please read this first.

i placed an order with gordon some 3 months ago now, funds where quickly debited from my credit card.
after sending plenty of emails and leaving many phone messages all to which i received no reply.
i finally received half of my order in the mail 2 weeks ago, once again i have sent many emails and left many phone messages once again to receive no reply.
i have read about cromwell models bad customer service many times now and not just on the websit either.
i have given this business 3 months now which i believe is more then enough time, i have even asked for him to refund me the remainder of my funds for my order once again to no reply.
i know that gordon makes some really nice kits but with customer service like this i just dont know how he is able to stay in business.
markm
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 02:43 AM UTC
Hi Craig,

At the risk of repeating myself, Did you read my post the last time you posted this same message?

Gordon frequents Missing lynx, he is not around here too often.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 03:11 AM UTC
I've also noticed this on another Website. As Mark pointed out, Gordon is not a regular poster here - he's most often on ML.

However, I do tend to get a little 'concerned' at these kind of threads, basically, what does THIS Network have to do with Cromwell? They don't advertise with us, they don't supply us with Review material. Simply put, our relationship with them is pretty uninvolved. Nor is Kitmaker some kind of vehicle for consumer advice...

Surely, you should be sorting it out with the manufacturer?
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 04:03 AM UTC

Well, regardless of how much KitMaker deals with this vender, many modelers who frequent KitMaker may, in the future, decide to try and work with Cromwell. I, for one, am glad for the heads-up.

What does it have to do with us? We're potential customers of Cromwell as modelers. No two transactions are the same, but, it belongs here nonetheless.

My $.02
Cuhail
 _GOTOTOP