_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Union Jack Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Any spare TAM Wepse rubber band track please?
Jamesite
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 2,208 Posts
KitMaker Network: 52 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 09:46 PM UTC
Hi there,

I'm re-posting this in the Union Jack club to try and attract some UK modellers.
I'm after some panzer II tracks and am happy to go for some 'rubber band' versions.

I have Tamiya's ancient Panzer II kit in the stash, that i'd like to quickly slap together as an easy build between larger projects.

I know that this kit is frankly well short of modern kit standards, but it holds a certain attraction being one of the first kits I built as a kid.
Looking at the kit, there are clearly a few places I can add detail from the spares box, however, the thing stopping me are the tracks, they are awful! I don't want to spend any money on aftermarket for this ancient kit (the cheapest tracks are 3x the kit price!), and so I am appealing to you kind people to see if anyone has some tracks that I could use?

In particular i'm thinking of those out of Tamiya's own Wespe (kit#35200) kit that have better detail, but may have been abandoned for indy links.

You will be rewarded with a build log on the detail work I'll do on the old kit here on armorama, and i'll probably put it in a little dio too, I just cant face it with the kit tracks!

Thank you in advance,

James
 _GOTOTOP