Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Victorian Bush Fires 2009
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 01:47 PM UTC
Hi all,

I don't normally post this sort of thing, but...

Most, if not all, of you should have heard of the devastating bush fires that have ravaged the Australian state of Victoria these past few weeks. With an area the size of the Netherlands and Belgium been burnt, a death-toll of over 180 and surely rising as more unfortunate victims are discovered, thousands of homes lost and entire towns razed, this is a national tragedy made worse by serial arsonists (one suspect was taken into custody over the weekend).

The tragedy has seen Australians rally and over $50 million (AUD) has been raised thus far, with even donations coming from Queenslanders who have lost near everything due to their recent 12m high floods. Sadly even as these fund-raisers were taking place, arsonists were lighting fires. Sickos!

I'll cut this short now, and just say that if any Kitmaker members are interested in donating to the Red Cross, you should visit this link: https://www.redcross.org.au/Donations/onlineDonations.asp

Thanks

Rudi

AndyD
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 672 Posts
KitMaker Network: 218 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 02:37 PM UTC
A big to Dave B. (LestweForget) who was mobilised as part of the army force tasked to assist.
Good on you mate.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 02:41 PM UTC
Hi Andy,

I agree! These guys were going in where the Police and Fire Fighters hadn't. Added to this, and perhaps an inconsequential fact, Dave spent his 21st birthday fighting fires. Dave, mate, you do us proud mate!

Rudi
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 10:47 PM UTC
I have been following it since it began.

Strange how some would get kicks out of setting fires like that.

I hope you all give them a good time after they are caught.