_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Need 1/48 Scale weapons
salfordsniper
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 22 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 - 11:34 AM UTC
I need 1/48 scale weapons and pylons to pimp up my what if TSR-2. Really need a set of Sidewinders, Mk83s and a F111 style ejector racks and pylons. Any one got any idea of kits i could buy? dont really want to start building from scratch.
cheers
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 - 01:15 PM UTC
Hi Daniel i'm not 100% certain but i think either Hasegawa or Academy do weapons sets in 1/48 that might be what you're looking for but i'm not sure as aircraft aren't really what i model these days
pigsty
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,226 Posts
KitMaker Network: 116 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 09:36 PM UTC
Hasegawa's weapons sets should have all you need. Set A has the multiple ejector rack and the full Mk.80 series of bombs (even the Mk.81, I think) and Set C has most varieties of AIM-9. The sets dip in and put of production but pop up from time to time on eBay.

I think the Mk.83 would be tricky to load on a MER - certainly no more than three, not six - and I suspect if you're doing a British TSR.2 you'll want British 1000lb bombs, which are much harder to get hold of. I may have a couple lurking in the spares box if you're interested. Depending on time-frame, the best AIM-9s for a British aircraft would be the D/G or the L, both of which are in Set C.

Sorry if you know all this already ...
 _GOTOTOP