_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
What kind of airbrush should I buy?
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 335 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 05:44 AM UTC
Its time to get a new airbrush, or replace the old on I had. I had an Aztech airbrush it was pretty good, but the nozzle cracked. Is there a way to fix it?

If not, what is a good airbrush to buy?

thanks,
Mike
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 05:58 AM UTC
What Aztec model you've got? One with the "removable" nozzle? If so you just buy a new aone for a few bucks and this will be far a lot cheaper than buying a brand new airbrush. In my experience own an Aztech since a few months (before I had a Badger "clone") and I find it very ergonomical and very easy to mainatin so my choice would be for an Aztech...
Ciao
steve203
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 579 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 07:13 AM UTC
I agree with Scoccia, Aztek. I use a 470. I think you should be able to replace the nozzle.
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 269 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 07:20 AM UTC
Hi 135, It only costs a mere $10 to buy a new nozzle for your Azteck, but if it's a new AB that you really want, GO WITH THE IWATA ECLIPSE SERIES !

- ralph
didiumus
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 564 Posts
KitMaker Network: 138 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 03:56 PM UTC
Screamin eagle is right, but which one depends on what you want to do.

I have an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS and it is perfect for me, but I use enamels and prefer small detail, gravity-feed, and a big color cup.

HTH,

Scott
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 3,179 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 04:03 PM UTC
My question is, if the nozzle was in that long on A470, how did you keep it working? I take my nozzle out and give it a good cleaning after every use and still run into issues from time to time.....
And it should only cost you about $10 USD for a new nozzle. Or if it's a more serious problem, you can send it back to Testors (depending on the model I suppose) and they will send you a replacement. AS long as it has a life-time guarntee....
jejack2
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 322 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 01:09 PM UTC
I have a Badger anthem 155, but I'm just a novice with the thing, still learning how to use it. Also have one of those cheap Wal-mart (Campbell-Hausfeld) 2 gallon air compressors, while it is a little louder than your standard air compressor, it was a steal on the clearance rack for $70...works great (if you can tolerate the noise, saving $150+ on an air compressor is grounds for toleration in my book).
J

(In case someone was interested)
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=51199&dept=5428&product_id=4021&path=0%3A5428%3A51199%3A4093%3A3915%3A4338
Spades
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 776 Posts
KitMaker Network: 190 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 02:18 PM UTC
I use a Badger 150 and the 155 Anthem, and also an Iwata Revolution. I like all 3 of them, especially the Anthem, since I use it more. I had just purchased the Iwata a 3 weeks ago and not had much time to use it. But, from using it, its lighter than the Anthem. Heck, I recommend you go out and buy them all. Boy,,do I suddenly feel useless on advice today. #:-)
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 02:41 PM UTC
As mentioned above try to get a new nozzle . if your going to be getting a new one I reccomend replacing it with a newer version of the same . I also use a Paasche h series for general base coats and non detail work. I hooked up a two way splitter so both can be connected at the same time.

Josh AKA shiryon
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 04:22 AM UTC
I have a new Tamyia Superfine and I love it ...If you want to paint a rivit ,you can with this baby!! Easy to clean ....good size color cup ...and is made by Iwata for half the price...you can get parts for it at any store that sells Iwata. What can I say .....It's great. Still have my good old Passhes for other jobs but I find I'm leaving it behind more and more as I get used to my new airbrush.

Richard
 _GOTOTOP