Shows and events in North America.
RepLIcon XXIV Long Island Hobby Show
ZONER1
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 55 Posts
KitMaker Network: 46 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 07:49 AM UTC
The Long Island Scale Model Society will be hosting RepLIcon XXIV on Saturday, March 28, 2009. Please join us at the Freeport Recreation Center in Freeport, NY from 9am to 4pm.

This show centers on two special theme awards - "The 1960s" and "Big Builds". Several others have been added via sponsorship. Over 46 adult and junior contest categories will be judged, with awards covering every type of model from planes, tanks and ships to cars, figures and science fiction. Hobby enthusiasts will find many of their favorite vendors on hand, so come ready to shop for those hard-to-find kits or the model supplies you need. A large raffle drawing and Make 'n Take event for the kids will also be part of the day's activities. RepLIcon is the first and largest show of its kind on Long Island, so don't miss out!

For more information, visit our web site at lisms.org. Download a flyer and fill out your contest entry forms online. We hope to see you there!
calvin_ng
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,024 Posts
KitMaker Network: 270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 02:19 PM UTC
ill be there for my second time since i started modelling, any one else going?? i would love to meet up with some of you guys
ZONER1
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 03:59 PM UTC
Wow! Vendor response has been overwhelming. With 62 tables already sold, we're tweaking our prior flloor plan. Chances are good you'll find something you want to take home.
panzergoth
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 142 Posts
KitMaker Network: 34 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 02:31 AM UTC
Hi Matt, I went to the show last year for the first time and really liked it. Do you know if Gene Bagnoli is going as a vendor this year? I heard he is not doing Mosquitocon where I have seen him for the past 12 years. No one cuts a deal like Gene. I am still on the fence about Replicon because I am already going to Mosquitocon and AMPS, and my finances wont allow too many shows. Thanks, Jim Rosado
ZONER1
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 02:38 AM UTC
As a matter of fact, Jim, he is. He even expanded his table bookings and sponsorships this year. Am sure he'll be glad to see you.
panzergoth
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 02:44 AM UTC
Thanks Matt, I would like to clarify. Is Gene just doing Replicon, Mosquitocon, or both?
ZONER1
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 - 07:29 AM UTC
Haven't spoken to him directly, but was informed secondhand that he's doing both.
calvin_ng
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 - 07:41 AM UTC
anyone going tommorow? if anyone here goes, i'll be the asian person who has a cast on his right arm
ZONER1
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 - 09:42 AM UTC
Well, that's gonna put a crimp in your building. I'm working the raffle booth and will look for you.
panzergoth
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 - 12:45 PM UTC
Hi Calvin, I am not going to Replicon but I am definitely going to Mosquitocon. I need the rest of the week to finish my entries: a Trumpeter KV-1 and a DML Elefant which I put a lot of work into. Let me know if you are going. P.S. did you check out any of those movies I referred?
calvin_ng
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 - 12:49 PM UTC
hi jim, mosquitocon is too far for me, i still cant drive, i rented saving private ryan, an stalingrad, and of course band of brothers
ZONER1
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 - 12:55 PM UTC
Calvin,

We have a number of LISMS members going to Mosquitocon. Depending on where you are, we might be able to set you up with a carpooler if you want to go.
ZONER1
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 08:09 AM UTC
Chalk up another show and a great one at that. Over 80 vendor tables, 300 models on the tables, 500+ thorugh the doors and some very happy kids at the Make-n-take tables. If any of you "Armoramans" were roaming the display floor there there, I'd love to hear your feedback. The Long Island Scale Model Society will be hosting a regional next year. If you have an idea or suggestion to offer, please do.

Thanks to all.
 _GOTOTOP