_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade: Vendors
Users can post info on vendor sales and specials here.
Blackening Friulmodel Track & What is Xuron
TankRat
entire network: 116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 11:12 AM UTC
Having trouble finding the right formulas and paints to make your friulmodel track look real? Well I think I have solved the problem. I first tested blacken-it. Good stuff if and when you can find it, but dont leave your track in it too long or you'll have nothing left to call track. Then there is all kinds of gun blue agents you can try and end up saying "yea it does look ok" Like I did. But I got so fed up with not getting a true realistic color for track I went online and began to make phone calls to chemical company's. I found a company up North who asked me to send a built sample of track to them for dipping. And with a lil excitement I did so. What better choice than a set of ATL 60 Churchill track. When the track arrived back to me. All I said was Hot&^%$it! Finally a agent that makes track look like I want it to look. (pictures to be posted on my site soon.)
Well tankrat is about to put out a new product for blackening Friulmodel track called Tankrats black4track. We are waiting for our labels to arrive and the 4 oz bottles will be available for the open market. If your interested in testing this product and writing a review here on armorama I will send you a free bottle. Just contact me through our Online store. http://www.tankratsafvdepot.com
Ever heard of Xuron? Try these products and you'll thank me for telling you about'em! I promise. Not to mention a life time guarantee. Built by modelers for modelers and I am proud to be a distributor of their line of products. http://www.tankratsafvdepot.com/modeling-tools-c-147.html
Thats our latest news here. Check out our Stars and Stripes for more updates details and rumors. Thanks all.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 01:29 PM UTC
Sent email on the Liquid to try.

Also posted to my favorite folder as you are in Arizona and me In OK.

Cheers
Jeff
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 10,553 Posts
KitMaker Network: 880 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 02:34 AM UTC
Contacted you as well. The only time I don't use Friul tracks is when there aren't any for that kit.
TankRat
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 07:48 AM UTC
Ok Tankers, All I can say is I am astonished at the amount of e-mails I have recieved in just a 24 hour period. I decided to have not just one person but 2 people to write reviews on our new product. ( Man talk about nerve racken!!!!!!!) I'm worried as to what the outcome of this is gonna be. You guys have'nt even seen the review and 7 of ya have already asked to do a preorder. Wow! My jaw has hit the floor. I want to thank all of you in the support and alot of you are customers already on the site. Thanks guys. Hope we either see you in Atlanta Goergia AMPS Feb 19-23 or in San Antonio Feb 21. We will have very large set ups at both shows.
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,106 Posts
KitMaker Network: 858 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 12:42 AM UTC
cool, your gonna be in two states at the same time?
TankRat
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 07:13 AM UTC
Hello Tim Sloan. I'm gonna answer your question with a lil more info than needed bud. I have enough product to split it in 1/3rds. With this said . A 18 Wheeler arrived in Atlanta Georgia last night with my products loaded on its back. ( I am thinking you forgot my whole family is a bunch of Owner Operators of 18 wheelers including my Class A Lic). Craig call sign "FACE" will be flying out on the 17th to arrive in Atlanta to get things prep for the show. And will run the show there. Craig is a retired A10 Thunderbolt (Tank Killer) Pilot who served in the first Iraq war FOX-SHIELD-STORM. I will be leaving on the 20th in a 48" Box for Santa Antonio, TX . Mike call sign "Vulcan" retired Major in the Army ( 2 Tours "Nam" as Helo Pilot) might be running another load to Ventura California for the Modeling show on the 22nd (WE ARE NOT SURE OF THIS ONE YET?) When I did reorders on all our products back in January, I doubled all orders to prep for at least 2 shows and had enough product in house for a guanteed show. If Vulcan cannot do the Ventura show then I will take that section of product with me as well. I shipped over 400 models to Atlanta and over 2000 items including LIFECOLOR SETS, Adlers Nest, Full line of Hornet Heards, Full Line of Friulmodel Track, Aber photo Etch and Barrels, Alpine Miniatures, Firestorm Miniatures, New World Miniatures, Weathering powders, Eureka Cables, Blast Resin, Jordi Rubio, Lionmark, Collectors Brass, Bison Decals, Echelon Decals, and more will be at the show. The only thing we are not bringing is TWS Tank Workshop and that is because (SO WE HOPE)Jay will be there. And it would be wrong for us to sell his product at the same show he is at. The other products we are not bringing to the show is our books. To much weight for freight (fuel)charges. Hope this helps bud. Trust me when I say we will be there!!!!! We bought a full room not just the tables due to so much product we shipped. If anyone would like more info on the 3 Day AMPS Show in Atlanta, Georgia on the 20 21 22 of Feb or the IPMS Show in San Antonio, Texas on the 21 of Febuary, please contact me any time.
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,106 Posts
KitMaker Network: 858 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 07:45 AM UTC
ohh darn..then you wont be there to greet me in person
TankRat
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 09:37 AM UTC
Naw not this go around Tim but there is a IPMS 3 day Show in Atlanta Goeorgia 6/20/09. I'll be at that one and I hope you and I can meet in person at that one.
Removed by original poster on 02/05/09 - 21:42:16 (GMT).
TankRat
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 11:47 AM UTC
I'm a blammen da bug juice on that fubar above.
 _GOTOTOP