_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
South Shore Boston shops?
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 02:53 PM UTC
If I've got to go to the American Girl store.. the things we do to keep little girls happy... I'm damn well detouring to a hobby shop.

But my mental map of Massachusetts hobby shops gets a little fuzzy past Hobby Emporium and Spare Time ( and I cant always find that without a navigator).

Neither is exactly on the way this trip.

I'm coming in from the north. Is there anything out there Duxbury, Hingham, Natick way?

Mike
BROCKUPPERCUT
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 191 Posts
KitMaker Network: 79 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2009 - 08:52 AM UTC
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=massachusetts+hobby+shops&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1
hope this helps
rommel21cw
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 84 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2009 - 11:17 AM UTC
I can give a resounding recommendation for Minutemen Hobby Shop in Braintree. Not exactly the area you described but if you come 93 to Rt 3 you can get right off around the Braintree spit and get back on Rt 3 pretty easily. The shop is new within the last year but the owner Doug is a great guy and he is constantly expanding his stock and selection. His prices are also the most competitive I have seen in an LHS (a pretty good guide is what ever Sprue Bros. price is will be pretty close to what you will find at Minutemen).
Here is the website: Minutemen Hobby Shop
 _GOTOTOP