_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Need help
punisher2-2
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 50 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 12:46 PM UTC
Just got a resin DMV humvee kit from pro art and was wondering if there's any tricks to cleaning up the resin pieces, especially the small ones? I'm fairly new to the 1/35 scale but I really wanted to try my hand at an SF humvee, so any help or tips on how to clean the resin pieces would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
redcobra04
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 235 Posts
KitMaker Network: 51 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 02:19 PM UTC
I would wash it in warm soapy water in the sink first to get the mold release off the parts, Then before painting spray it with Windex to get any oils or finger prints off. Just rinse well and let it dry well before painting.
punisher2-2
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 50 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 03:10 AM UTC
I was actually looking for any tips on how to clean the excess resin off the pieces. For instance I have a turret ring for the humvee but the entire center is a thin layer of resin that needs to be removed. And all the small pieces are attached toa block of resin, I was curious on how to get that stuff removed.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 07:54 AM UTC
To remove the pieces from the resin pour plugs or blocks you need a razor saw. To remove the thin layer of resin in the centre of the turret ring score around it continuosly with the back of a hobby knife blade. Use some fine grade wet and dry paper to clean up the parts. resin dust can be harmful if inhaled so I usually dip the razor saw blade in water which makes the dust clump together.

_GOTOTOP