_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Taiwan / 台灣
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
modelers in Taiwan
ted_hayward
Visit this Community
Taipei, Taiwan / 台灣
entire network: 453 Posts
KitMaker Network: 142 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 - 10:49 PM UTC
Any English-speaking modelers out there? Hi, I'm Ted (from Canada). Now living in Chiayi (6 years). I'm into armor, mostly. Would like to get the rest of us foreigners involved in Armorama. C'mon...don't be shy! Drop me a line here!
my9669
Visit this Community
Taipei, Taiwan / 台灣
entire network: 8 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 07:48 PM UTC
Hi Ted,
Your interview with AFV is great. I really appreciate your effort which really helps promote Taiwan. I picked up some of my old kits just recently due to the leave without pay. It feels good spending time on models again. Looking forward to reading more of your article soon.
best regards,
M Y
p.s. I am a Taiwanese living in Taipei.
JohnKeaneTW
Visit this Community
Taiwan / 台灣
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 - 06:51 AM UTC
Hey Ted!

I met you at SkyHawk Hobbies in Tainan last fall! How are things going??

I'm getting ready to get into some ARMOR modeling in addition to the Ship and Aircraft collection I have. To start with, I want to get into French armor from WW2. Have been fascinated with the National Geographic "Apocalypse:The Second World War" series just started on NGC and many interesting shots of French armor in action with the Battle of France. Some great footage of the Char B1 bis tank and others and as such I am absolutely DROOLING over the Tamiya 1/35 Char B1 bis kit in both French and German versions.

Also looking to scarf up the three Heller 1/35 kits of the Renault R35+the anti-tank gun, the S35 Somua and the Hotchkiss they have marketed as the German Army version. Later on I want to get the Trumpeter KV-2 kits {early and later versions}. Also looking at the pretty Bronco Models Hotchkiss kits..those look SWEET!

I just picked up the incredible Hasegawa 1/72 G3M2/3 "Nell" kit on Sunday at SkyHawk. It will go perfectly with my 1/350 Trumpeter "Repulse" kit. Looking to get on that once I have a PE set in hand to do Repulse up in all her glory.

Let me know what's new!

Regards

John in Tainan
ted_hayward
Visit this Community
Taipei, Taiwan / 台灣
entire network: 453 Posts
KitMaker Network: 142 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 03:20 PM UTC
How's it going, John! Drop me a line anytime at:
[email protected]

Been busy, busy! Actually packing-up a lot of my armor kits (got too many now). If there's something you're interested in buying, I've probably got it!
Cheers,

Ted
 _GOTOTOP