_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Model ship retail
bf443
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
entire network: 895 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 - 06:06 AM UTC
Hello everyone,

Shipbuilders- What are the names of some businesses that sell model ship kits and accessories that span from ancient to modern times?

Sincerely,
Brian
Johnston_RCR
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 470 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 05:10 AM UTC
I would suggest trying to ask this in the Model Shipwrights forum, you may get a better response. Although someone with more knowledge of ships may check here as well.
grayghost666
entire network: 2,458 Posts
KitMaker Network: 163 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 08:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello everyone,

Shipbuilders- What are the names of some businesses that sell model ship kits and accessories that span from ancient to modern times?

Sincerely,
Brian

hello Brian,
you have Squadron,Free Time Hobbies,White Ensign,Dragon USA,Pacific Front to name a few.it depends on what you want,resin or plastic,and how much you want to spend.i use Squadron,White Ensign and Great Models mostly for my on-line buys.my LHS for other things and Hobby Lobby when they have the kits on sale at 30%-50% off.
i buy most of my paints from White Ensign,they have a line called colorcoat which is very close to the original paint used and it goes on with a very thin coat.
for PE i use White Ensign and Toms Modelworks,unless i get it from the ship manufacture for a particular ship.
swing on over to MSW and read the threads.some of the shipwrights might have a differant ideas where they buy.
hope this helps,
cheers,
Bruce
bf443
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
entire network: 895 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 07:10 AM UTC
Bruce & Kevin,

Thank you for the reply's. I thought there was another outfit that had wooden ships but i can't recall whom.

Brian
grayghost666
entire network: 2,458 Posts
KitMaker Network: 163 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 02:22 PM UTC
hello Brian,
i think the site is Model Expo.i got some fliers from them(i think) a year ago and they have all kinds of different wooden models,plank on plank to carved hulls.if you do a web search try plank on plank ship models or just wooden ship models.
cheers,
Bruce
 _GOTOTOP