_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Small problem
pmessling
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 45 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 11:59 AM UTC
I have a small problem. Once i have finished all my models what am i going to do with them. i currently have 2 vulcans, a valiant, 2 victors, SR-71, and in my stash a 1/48th harrier, 1/48th TSR2 to be delivered and a 1/48th B1-b which i'm told is HUGH once finished. I don't really have the room for all these models, and will only be able to display a couple. also don;t want them hanging from the ceiling. What do those of you with not much room do with all your models?
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 02:00 PM UTC
I have added a few layering shelves to get extra room.

I have heard others who have donated thier kits to the local VFW or recruiting office or musium.
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 04:31 PM UTC
cosign on both of slodder's ideas.
I want to also add the local library and community centers.

35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
entire network: 3,212 Posts
KitMaker Network: 250 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 08:26 PM UTC
Shelves, shelves and more shelves.... but I also go for the hanging from the ceiling as well. I can do that in my own house, in the son's room, but I can also understand where circumstances will not allow it. You can also go with nice display cabinets in the living room: this thread might help you justify that with any "significant other": https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/131447&page=1
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,531 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 - 05:57 AM UTC
Hello Peter, plastic storage bins, they come in a lot of different sizes. There some that are wide, long, and low enough that they will fit under a bed. I have a few models that are stowed that way. When I get tired of looking at one or another I rotate them from shelf to box. Also I was once lucky enough to purchase a display cabinet from a store for $80(US). Keep an eye out for stores that are going out of busines. Al
pmessling
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 45 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 - 01:14 PM UTC
tanks for all the ideas. My TSR2 arrived today, and looks as like it will be big, think a shelf making exercise will be needed soon, and to look out for some plastic boxes to add to the other plastic boxes under my bed. Happy to donate once i have taken photos of every angle possible.

Peter
jimb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,539 Posts
KitMaker Network: 263 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 - 02:33 PM UTC
Not to sound crazy, but I know of a guy that added on to his house because his model room got too small for all of his built models (over 250). Guess what? Now the new room is getting too small!

Jim
 _GOTOTOP