_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Bradley stuff
blackwolf
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 68 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2003 - 01:22 PM UTC
I just purchased a Academy M2 Bradley,couldnt pass it iup only $10!! :-) What I want to do is pack it with all kinds of stuff ie backpacks, fuel cans,plastic water jugs so on and so fourth. But I cant find anything modern it's all WWII stuff (nothing wrong with that). In my minds eye I want the Bradley to come up to a semi trailer (witch is semi buried) kinda like they found a weapons lab. I also need to find a truck trailer. Any help finding this stuff would be great. Thanks guys Scott
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2003 - 03:44 PM UTC
Academy has several modern US accessories sets ideal for what you're after. Tamiya also made a US modern accessories set and I think they have a new Jerry can set out. As far as a trailer, there are a few 1/32 scale tractor trailer sets out there. I recall seeing a few snap kits with Volvo and a few others. Can't remember who did them (AMT/Ertl?), but they were on clearance at a KB Toys liquidator store in an outlet mall.
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 3,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 453 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2003 - 04:39 AM UTC
Scott,
Legend Productions has 2 tank accessory sets. One is for the M60 and one is for the M1A1. Even though they are for those two vehicles, there is a lot of usefull items in the set. Verlinden has modern ammo cans and 5 gallon water cans. A.E.F Designs also has a couple of sets designed for tracked vehicles. That is just a start.
Hope this helps out a little bit.
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2003 - 12:10 PM UTC
Blackwolf,
The info that Sabot and Epi passed is dead on. In regards to the trailer, since it is going to semi-buried, you might even get away with scratch building part of it. Plastruct and Evergreen both have an extensive line of plastic that you could do this with. It would probably be cheaper than buying a kit of a trailer also. Just some food for thought. HTH "Q"
blackwolf
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 68 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2003 - 12:29 PM UTC
Thanks guys!! I'm going to do some online shopping to see what I can find. Scott
Stormin
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 232 Posts
KitMaker Network: 49 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2003 - 01:12 PM UTC
Hi Blackwolf,
I'm not sure what you mean exactly about the trailer part but if it is of any use to you I have an unbuilt 1/35th scale Academy Ford Mutt & trailer and you are welcomr to the trailer if it's any good to you. Either PM me or email me and I can send it of to you.
Cheers, Kenny.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2003 - 01:15 AM UTC
Tamiya is re-releasing all the M113/Bradley/Abrams kits with GWII stowage.
Unless you're in a huge hurry, I'd be willing to be they'll release the stowage set seperately as well.

If all else fails, you can buy individual Tamiya sprues from Rainbow 10 in Japan once they are released.

Mike
 _GOTOTOP