_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
I had a bad airbrushing day...
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 - 10:50 AM UTC
I've finally gotten my modeling area set up. Yay!!

I've also started a model!! I have gotten to the point where I need to paint said model. Eager to use the Crescendo 175 my brother gave me ( I have other ones, should have started with them). At the same time my brother gave me the airbrush, he also gave me a braided hose. So far everything is great!! I hook everything up to my compressor, air leaking several places. it turns out that US quick-release hook-ups and European quick-release hook-ups are different, but no problem I switch to an extra European and fire things up again. Still leaking, but this time at the airbrush end. No matter what I did it leaked air. I tried rubber gaskets, but still leaking air. In a matter of desperation I give the connector one last twist and something gave way - ouch. I thought it was the hose, I prayed it was the hose, but it seems like I have cracked the body, because the valve-stem appears to twist instead of the bottom valve set-up.

Any suggestions?? I've emailed Badger, see what they have to say. I wonder what a body and valve would cost...

(So I ended up spraying with my finicky Aztek... that is another story of its own...)
wonktnodi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
entire network: 190 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 - 12:03 PM UTC
Sounds like the airbrush was faulty to begin with. I have a Badger 150 that I’m still getting used to and other than being very touchy with the paint flow as compared to my old Aztek, it seems to be doing a good job. I hope Badger replaces your airbrush.
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 - 06:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I hope Badger replaces your airbrush.

One can only hope...
 _GOTOTOP