History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
June The 6th....
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 06:49 PM UTC
Just a mention about today's date and perhaps a reminder of the importance of what happened on this day 59 years ago. All I am asking that at some point today, you spare a moment to remember the price paid by many, British,American, Canadian and other nationalities on the beaches, drop zones and landing fields of Normandy. While you're thinking of this,take a second to remember just what the beginning of the liberation of western europe was to mean and the horrors that were later to be in encountered in places such as Belsen, Buchenwald and Auschwitz......

Sometimes we take for granted just what freedom means, sometimes we should stop and realise that sometimes that price is worth paying. Jim
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 07:42 PM UTC
Seems there was a little fracus on the 6th of June. Something the leadership in a certain country has coveniently forgotten about. Or maybe they are in denial like many of their next door neighbors who say the events in all those little towns you mentioned didn't happen either.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 08:59 PM UTC
couldn't agree more Blaster. Jim
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 851 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2003 - 01:23 AM UTC
Also today, the Canadian Memorial at Juno Beach is opening. Veterens raised $5 million at Wal Marts across Canada to build it. I wish I could be there when it opened.

Andrew

ModlrMike
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 714 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2003 - 09:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Also today, the Canadian Memorial at Juno Beach is opening. Veterens raised $5 million at Wal Marts across Canada to build it. I wish I could be there when it opened.

So do I.