TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
How Cool is N.C.I.S ?
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 09:34 AM UTC
just finished catching up on the first four seasons of Naval Criminal Investigation Service on DVD can't wait for season five although i'm tempted to get it on region 1 since it won't be available on region 2 until later this year just wondering if anyone else has seen it ? and what they think of it?
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 10:54 AM UTC
One of my very favourite shows. My 17 year old son and I watch it faithfully every week. I was upset when they killed off Kate but I think the show has developed way beyond her character would have allowed and I'm very pleased with the current cast. I think everyone wishes they had a boss like Gibbs 'cause he's the coolest ever.

One of the best 'in jokes' in the series was when someone was wondering what a younger Ducky would look like and Gibbs said..."ILLYA KURIAKIN"... that's always made me laugh.

cheers

Bob
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 01:06 PM UTC
NCIS is one of the few TV series I actually try to follow. Spin off of JAG? No way! It's much better!!

Back in South Africa I missed the last few episodes of season 3, however during the Aussie silly season they've been repeating this season - last night I finally got to see the end of the season, and what caused Gibb to quit
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 817 Posts
KitMaker Network: 122 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 01:07 PM UTC
i agree with you bob gibbs is this best character, but i also have a soft spot for ziva, i think her character has muture well and has filled the spot vacated by kate... but i'm gutted they killed jenny off i thought she was a very strong character and i like the relationship between her and gibbs. say do you like j.a.g. also?
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 01:07 PM UTC
Hi Bob i agree Gibbs as the team leader is definitely the cast favorite although i love how DiNozzo and Ziva keep dancing around one another i think somewhere down the line they're gonna hook up i guess we'll just have to see what's gonna happen in season six
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 01:10 PM UTC
rudi have you seen season four or five? if not you are in for a treat that's all i'm saying. but come on J.a.g. wasn't that bad, i mean if it wasn't for j.a.g. there wouldn't be n.c.i.s. and it deserves praise after all it did ten seasons.
Panzercmdr
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 110 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 01:41 PM UTC
That is my favorite show in the whole world! I am so adicted to it! I am going to try to buy on DVD when it becomes cheaper

Go NCIS
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 01:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

rudi have you seen season four or five? if not you are in for a treat that's all i'm saying. but come on J.a.g. wasn't that bad, i mean if it wasn't for j.a.g. there wouldn't be n.c.i.s. and it deserves praise after all it did ten seasons.

Hey Ant,

Nah mate, not yet. I sort of saw the odd episode of season 4 (or is it 5?) when I first arrived here in Oz, but then we moved and didn't have a TV for about 3 months... incidentally I did see the episode in which Jen and Gibb's old partner died. I'm considering simply buying all the seasons to date just to get up to speed

I enjoyed the first few seasons of JAG, but after about season 4 or 5 I found it had become somewhat repetitive, as some of these TV dramas do. I think that's what I like about NCIS, so far they've kept the surprises coming

Rudi
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 04:15 PM UTC
yeah i found that too it seemed to me the more the cast grew on j.a.g. the more it got confusing trying to cram everyones stories in. with ncis the cast is smaller so there's a sense of family to it the characters all interact and play of each other. but i did like how j.a.g. did the christmas shows, and the odd episode where the cast played different characters in the past... that's something they haven't done on ncis.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 09:20 PM UTC
While visiting my son for a funeral I stayed at his house, he had 16 episodes recorded and I became hooked. I watched all 16 over two days and now I record all of the episodes and cant wait to see them.

Robert
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 01:09 PM UTC
Hi Rob you should get the DVD boxsets they have all of the episodes on there as well as some very informative featurettes
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 03:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Rob you should get the DVD boxsets they have all of the episodes on there as well as some very informative featurettes

Hello Lyndon:
I have looked into purchasing a season, but being a highly rated show they want more money than I am willing to let go of at the moment. I will just record for now, can you let me know any particulars re: the rouge mossad agent that shot Gibbs and was shot in another episode by Gibbs but only to wound him. I am at a loss since not viewing the episodes in sequence.

Robert
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 04:23 PM UTC
Hi Rob the rogue mossad agent you speak is actually working for HAMAS as well as Mossad due to the fact his father is the director of Mossad after wounding Gerrold Ducky's assistant Gibbs swears he's gonna get Ari(the rogue agent) but he's protected so Gibbs asks for a secret rendezvous where he returns the favor and shoots Ari by the end of season two Ari kills Kate Todd and she gets replaced by Ziva David (Ari's sister) and she kills Ari to save Gibbs in the opening two part episode of season three hope i haven't spoilt it too much for you
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 08:32 PM UTC
Lyndon you have made more sense of what has been causing me much trouble in piecing together the flow of the show. Thanks very much, even if you tell the outcome of an episode it is still like watching each for the first time. The entertaining value is great. Thanks for the info.

Robert
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 04:08 PM UTC
No problem Rob i'm currently waiting for season six to air over here on the FX channel on SKY tv they showed the first episode last year due to season five being shortened (damn writers strike ) but from the looks of things season six is going to be just as thrilling as every other season i'm literally drooling with anticipation it's a pity we don't have any decent tv shows like NCIS over here
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 04:26 PM UTC
hey Rob, do they have multi-region players in the U.S. coz i'm sure you could pick up ncis cheap off of amazon.co.uk or how about trawling the net i'm sure there must be someone selling them cheap in the states. Ant
tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2009 - 04:07 AM UTC
This is the last season of NCIS I believe.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2009 - 12:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

hey Rob, do they have multi-region players in the U.S. coz i'm sure you could pick up ncis cheap off of amazon.co.uk or how about trawling the net i'm sure there must be someone selling them cheap in the states. Ant

Ant that would be worth checking into, thanks for the heads up.

Robert
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2009 - 12:18 PM UTC
Lyndon:
You must have a good local made television shows. I like Cold Case (a good show) which seems to have come from the Canadian show Cold Squad which is good and came from an English show Enigma which I have not seen. I would like to view and episode of Enigma some time.

Robert
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2009 - 12:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Bill say it isn't so.

Robert
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 01:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Bill say it isn't so.

Robert

ditto i surely hope this isn't the last season there's so much more they can do with the show and like a lot US tv shows i think it should do at least 7 seasons ( look at the star trek franchise TNG DS9 and VOY all did 7 seasons as did Buffy TVS Charmed did 8
seasons )
cyclones6
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,199 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 02:55 PM UTC
I'm more of a CSI guy but I wonder if I would like NCIS
Evan
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 04:13 PM UTC
hi Evan you should enjoy n.c.i.s. as although it's military oriented it still has lots of drama, action suspense, but also a lot of tongue-in-cheek humor, plus there's great interaction between the characters. trust me grab the first season watch all the episodes and i promise you'd go out and by the second i started watching it from season three then went back got the first two seasons and got hooked on it ever since.
Quoted Text

i hope this isn't so i love this show, but if it is wonder what Donald p. Belisario will come up with next? i love his shows quantum leap, j.a.g. wonder if he'll do another spin off of n.c.i.s. Ant
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 04:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm more of a CSI guy but I wonder if I would like NCIS
Evan

Hi Evan i borrowed the first season of CSi off my next door neighbour and after watching the first disc i just couldn't get into it i found the storylines too easy to solve and i felt there was very little interaction between the cast some of the characters seemed a little wooden to me plus then there's the two spin offs Miami and NY it would cost me and arm and a leg to but all of those boxsets
panzergoth
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 142 Posts
KitMaker Network: 34 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 05:13 PM UTC
I have watched NCIS a few times but mainly for the fact that Pauly Perrette plays a hot little Goth chick that just happens to be a forensic genius and downplays the negative stereotype of Goths that exist amongst the mundanes, or for the unininitiated: "mainstream" although the majority of Goths tend to be artists and intellectuals anyway. They also have a killer soundtrack [no pun intended] that Pauly chooses and is available on cd with the likes of KMFDM and Collide