TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Generation kill on UK TV
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,096 Posts
KitMaker Network: 69 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 06:22 AM UTC
Hay all

generation kill is due to be shown on the FX channel on sky TV on the 25th of this month cant wait to see it.
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 09:30 AM UTC
Hi Scott what's it about i ain't heard anything about this tv series is it worth viewing ?
AlxUSMC
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
entire network: 216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 51 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 - 10:44 PM UTC
It is about First Recon Battalion leading the assault into Iraq in 03' The Tip of the Spear as they were called and the 16 firefights and ambushes they experienced, how they fought stupid because of the leadership, and in the words of some Marines "they were like finely tuned sports cars, like Ferrari's in a destruction derby." Since Generation Kill used three Marines that are being portrayed as the Military advisors, and because I am a Marine, I would say that this is 99.9% accurate. SSgt Eric Kocher was the main supervisor on set and one of the Marines portrayed in the series, Sgt Rudolfo Reyes plays himself "fruity Rudy" so I can tell you its dead on. I watched it and had goosebumps because they emulate our jargon, mannerisms, and mental thought train. I highly recommend you watch this series, it deffinately puts Marines on the map.
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
entire network: 2,174 Posts
KitMaker Network: 613 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 10:09 PM UTC
I just caught a few episodes here in Sri Lanka on HBO, and it's brilliant. Really liked Evan Wright's book, too. Along with Nathaniel Fick's One Bullet Away , it's a superb look at the invasion.