_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Union Jack Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Anyone had problems with LuckyModel?
paulchatfield
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 144 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2009 - 07:01 AM UTC
Hi Guys
I was wondering what the general opinion of service provided by LuckyModel is. I only ask because I ordered an item from them on 14th Dec 2008 that was (and still is) listed on their site as available from stock. It's a Hobbyfan detail set for the AFV Churchill III. The shipping was described as 7-11 days from dispatch. I emailed them a couple of days ago to ask for a progress report as the shipping progress function on their site just said my order was "in progress" and has done for the past 2 and a half weeks. got a reply today saying they expected to dispatch in mid Jan, when they recieve the item. Just seems odd that they list it as available from stock but say in their email they will send it when they get it.
I find this annoying and a little mis-leading, anyone else had problems, or am i expecting too much?

Right, rant at an end so happy new year to all
dobon68
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 392 Posts
KitMaker Network: 21 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 10:44 PM UTC
Paul,
I think you have fallen foul of the Available or In stock confusion that many others (including me) have when using the LuckyModel site.
If the item has a green IN STOCK then it's in stock and can be posted quickly, if however it has a blue AVAILABLE then it's not in stock but available from other sources so LuckyModel have to order it in to them first before passing it on to you, which is why it takes so much longer!
I have always recieved my items from LuckyModel but have had to wait a fair while sometimes.
Hope this helps
David
paulchatfield
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 144 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 01:08 AM UTC
Cheers Dave, i was just getting a bit frustrated as I've got to the point were i NEED the parts to continue with the Churchill. A couple of days down the line I'm a little calmer
I pushed the Churchill to one side for a week or two and decided it's time to finish my Super Pershing as i have alll the bits for that one.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with LuckyModel
docdios
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,998 Posts
KitMaker Network: 257 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2009 - 07:23 AM UTC
Hi Guys

i also believe that Lucky model have just gone through a major stock take as well, this may have also impacted upon the delivery of your item.

I have used them many times with no hassle at all, they are one of my favourite on line retailers along side Hobby easy and sprue brothers.

cheers

keith
andyevans
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 369 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 09:39 AM UTC
Hi Paul,

I was a bit dubious about ordering from luckymodel but I am glad to say I was proved entirely wrong. Their service was first rate (they sent the stuff that was "in stock" immediately and I had to wait a few days for the "available" stuff ).

However, all items arrived quicker than some other stuff I ordered from an English outfit at the same time !!! (Starts with "H", ends with "annants" !!). Would definitely use luckymodel again.

You pays your money and takes your choice.........

Andy
Bowman18
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 317 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 04:32 AM UTC
I tried ordering from that site but i ended up going round in circles - i think it was something to do with putting some of my information in.
 _GOTOTOP