_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Ottawa Valley Model Club
sauceman
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 2,672 Posts
KitMaker Network: 179 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2009 - 01:16 AM UTC
Hey troops,

I'm currently living in Petawawa (true story) and just reaching out for interest if starting a model club in the area is feasible. I was thinking of starting something up when I get home this spring from Afghanistan. I'm sure there are alot of modelers in the area that would like to meet once a week for a nice social get together.

Any interest?

cheers from the sandbox
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,226 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 02:00 PM UTC
Rick,
Good luck on forming a club When I transfered from North Bay to the Barrie area I thought there would be a thriving model club with CFB Borden and Barrie having a population of 125,000. I was really surprised that there wasn't. Anyway after putting up some posters and gathering interest we started a club up. That was approximately 8 yrs ago and today we have 10-12 people show up at our meetings
Be safe over there.
Chimo
Darryl
E23C
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 238 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 01:17 AM UTC
A few of us in Petawawa did meet on Saturdays informally at Perkins Hobby House on Mohns Ave a couple of years ago.That sort of died out as we all ended up working at our post military retirement jobs and some just vanished into the void.
There dont seem to be that many builders in the area,I know of five or six who build regularly,but of course there are probably some others. I will ask around about a club when I see some of the guys.

Have a good one and keep your head down over in the sandbox.

Mark

Retired 041
 _GOTOTOP