_GOTOBOTTOM
Events & Shows: North America
Shows and events in North America.
Los Angeles Miniaturists Meeting Saturday!
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 893 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 - 09:01 AM UTC
Hello Again, My Friends!

Just a little reminder that this Saturday, June 7th (9:00 AM) is the monthly meeting of the Los Angeles Miniaturists club!

As I've mentioned before, the club has all types of model building and scale and action figure enthusiasts of all skill levels and experience. From first timers, to old timers to effects industry professionals and everything in between, the club has got 'em. One of the more interesting things displayed on the Show and Tell table was a large selection of paper models, which were quite striking...and surprising --- I never knew paper models could be so cool!

As for the June meeting, there will be the usual Show and Tell displaying the latest finished and in-progress projects (I'll be dragging in my very-much in-progress SMT Y-Wing and possibly the Bandai Enterprise if I finish it)... We will also hold the ever-popular Raffle, which is always a lot of fun and excitement, particularly when the prizes are top notch kits, figures, books and modelling tools and supplies.

Our professional Demonstration this month will be on sculpting and will be conducted by Stephen Chiodo (you all know "Killer Klowns..." and have no doubt seen many of the feature and television projects that they have done their award winning effects for).

For me, the best part is shooting the breeze with fellow modellers of all types and interests...man nothing beats that---and I sure pick up and pass on some great modelling tips and techniques!! And hey, the complimentary coffee and donuts sure don't hurt either!

So the meeting will be held next Saturday, June 7th at 9:00 AM (meetings usually run until 12:00 or 12:30 PM) at Chiodo Brothers Productions, 110 W. Providencia Ave. in Burbank. We are right off of the 5 Freeway between the Alameda and Olive exits.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me at: [email protected]

Hope to see you there and Keep on Modelling!!

Much Aloha

Johnny B.
 _GOTOTOP