TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
call of duty world at war
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 04:22 PM UTC
hi just wondering if anyone's played the new call of duty yet i've managed to complete it on solo campaign and unlocked a bonus mission called Nacht der Untoten where you have to survive level upon level of Nazi zombies ,so far i've managed to get up to level 12 scoring 29,170 points and notched up 206 kills by far the best weapon to use is the MG42 but you can only get it if your lucky from the magic box in the help room
kaleu
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 04:56 PM UTC
I play this game on A Cat House server and while the game is good, I don't like it as well as I do COD4. Have you played the zombie coop with other players? It is much more fun and you can get much higher in level. The best gun in the magic box in the basement is the ray gun...Once shot, one kill.
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 09:36 AM UTC
Hi Kaleu i haven't tried the zombie mission on co-op yet as i'm not currently connected to X-Box Live with regards to the ray gun whilst it's no doubt a good weapon you still have to reload it after 20-30 rounds whereas for me nothing beats the MG42 with it's 50-100 round drum it's ideal for ripping into the hordes
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 10:32 AM UTC
I've finished the game and have just started to get into the zombie bonus section - very cool game. The only problem I have is collecting all the death cards. I have 12 out of 13 and can't find a listing anywhere in the game saying which ones I have and what the missing one is. If I can find out which one is missing, then I can find an online walk-through that will tell me where to get the missing one. Any ideas?

cheers

Bob
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 04:04 PM UTC
Hi Bob with regards to the death cards you spoke of that must be a feature only found on the pc version as it isn't on the X-Box sorry i can't help you with that hopefully somone might be able to help
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 08:31 AM UTC
I found the last death card in the pc game so know I have all 13. It doesn't do anything for you in the regular solo game, just inthe co-op mode I guess but I haven't tried that yet.

I've finished the game on recruit and regular levels and decided to skip the hardened level and go straight to veteren. Wow, very challenging.....

There's a special spot for me in hell I know, but I love the flamethrower.....

Bob
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 09:38 AM UTC
Glad to hear it Bob my brother actually beat my record on the solo zombie mission he attained level 16 with a score of over 31000 managing take out 284 zombies before getting overrun i myself managed level 14 but that's my limit i think
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 01:06 PM UTC
Hi guys made round 15 on solo Nazi zombies mission as well as round 15 on a two player co-op but still can't find any of the Death cards on the solo missions
RSingleton
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 286 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 01:42 PM UTC
I like all of the CoD games, but I think this one is the best in my opinion. As for Nazi Zombies, Not to brag, made it 16 full (died on 17) rounds solo with something better than the MG 42: the ray gun. Granted it only comes from the "magic box". Just make sure you have nothing the day after you first play it. You'll play for so long that you realize you've been playing it for a day straight

Have fun killing them zombies, solo or co-op

Richard
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 04:12 PM UTC
Hi Rich the same thing happened to my bro Ant he completed 16 rounds with the ray gun and an MG42 but got overwhelmed in round 17 myself i prefer the Mg42 for long distance killing then i switch to the Magnum to go all Dirty Harry on them
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 04:19 PM UTC
Hi Bob you said you managed to find all thirteen death cards well i've only managed to find 7 so far could you give us a general hint on whereabouts they're located in each level coz i've completed the solo missions now on recruit and regular i too have skipped hardened and gone on to veteran , so far i've completed 2 levels on veteran
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 04:44 AM UTC
Quick Question:
Can I play in Coop mode with the wife without going on line? I have 2 wireless controllers.
If so, how?
Thanks in advance,
Shaun
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 138 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 08:36 AM UTC
Shaun you can play coop without going on line in the missions and the zombie level or go head to head with each other.
If i remember you go to coop and both controllers have to sign then select game to play.
This is for xbox so not sure for PC.

Steve
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,661 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 09:04 AM UTC
i havent got it but i may, only worry is it may be as dissapointing as msot modern shooters, those who love H&D 2 will agree..
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 817 Posts
KitMaker Network: 122 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 09:22 AM UTC
for a world war II shooter it isn't bad Jimmy get it, play it, enjoy it. trust me once you complete the game and unlock the nazi zombies mission you'll be addicted. Ant
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 09:34 AM UTC
I totally agree once you've completed the game on regular straight away you'll be restarting the game on hardened and before you know it you'll be playing the missions on veteran level that's where it gets hard but as Ant said get the game , play it and you'll love it at least until the new COD modern warfare 2 is out later this year
Removed by original poster on 03/09/09 - 21:44:29 (GMT).
andyman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 142 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 09:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Bob you said you managed to find all thirteen death cards well i've only managed to find 7 so far could you give us a general hint on whereabouts they're located in each level coz i've completed the solo missions now on recruit and regular i too have skipped hardened and gone on to veteran , so far i've completed 2 levels on veteran

go to this web site and it will help you find the rest of the death cards
http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/call-of-duty-world-at-war/cheats/g-200806239353171091
hopes this helps
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 01:26 PM UTC
Cheers for the web address Andrew
cyclones6
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,199 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 02:55 PM UTC
COD4 is much better in my opinion
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 04:26 PM UTC
Hi Evan i agree COD4 was an excellant game because it was set in modern day that's what made it appealing to gamers it gave us a break from WW2 hopefully COD Modern War 2 will be just as good when it comes out later this year
Bigalt424
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 06:03 PM UTC
Hey Evan have you been playing my games?
I'm his bro and I have Waw and COD 4. The part I like least about COD 4 is all of the glitches. Sure they're fun at first but they just get annoying. In Waw, the game itself is just completely different. The guns are different and the maps are too, it just seems like it is a step lower than COD 4. Treyarch and Infinity Ward seem to be on different levels. In both games there are weapons that overpower everything else like the PPsh and the Mp44. And the apeture sight was a bad attempt at making an older red dot. The trailer for modern warfare 2 was very *ahem* odd. Some gameplay footage would have really helped.
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 817 Posts
KitMaker Network: 122 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 03:31 AM UTC
i agree alex the deathmatchs were really poor on WAW they'd more or less copied COD4 except with WWII weapons, which they then put dodgy sights on them... as if we wouldn't notice... very lax. but the Zombie mission was fun, wonder if we'll get something like that on modern warfare 2 i can feel a barrett blowing heads off already, or cuttin wave after wave down with a SAW nice. fingers crossed
Bigalt424
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 04:21 AM UTC
Terrorist zombies would be a good addition. Broadcast might be a good level for that if they keep it. But never forget about the Desert Eagle
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 04:28 AM UTC
COD 6, Modern Warfare 2 is coming in Novemeber! Can't wait!