_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Heyas
motorbreath23
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 159 Posts
KitMaker Network: 20 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 12:39 PM UTC
I thought the Wisconsin-esque title would get me started nicely. My name is Chris and I am just recently getting back into modeling after the usual 16-30 hiatus. I've built lots of models and something from every branch of military service, but my lack of focus as a teenager prevented me from doing anything noteworthy. Alot of my kits were used for my own personal military "demonstrations".....

I am a veteran of the USMC, I was in from 93-97 as a reserve infantryman, rifleman to be specific (we always have to add that, gunners and mortarmen will tell you) and I'm somewhat of a Marine historian, especially WWII Pacific. I play in a band, make films, photograph things, and occasionally work for a living as a bartender. I'm pretty comfortable being a jack(ass) of all trades, it gives me a chance to experience different things.

Let me state for the record that this website and all of you people involved with it are an incredible resource for anyone into modeling. Just lurking here the last few days I've learned enough for a years worth of my own tears falling on plastic and newspaper. I am grateful to you all for sharing your ideas and techniques and let me say that in the unlikely event I come up with something unique I will be more than honored to share it with you.

So cheers to you guys and I look forward to your advice on my first build which will probably be a few months yet, but I'm getting there....

Cheers.

CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 01:12 PM UTC
Chris welcome to the site and I am glad you have found the site helpful. Just for info we have model builders of all skill levels, mediums, and vehicle type, you do not need to build an exceptional model to warrent posting it up, regardless of what it is and its quality there is always someone who can help you improve your abilities in here.
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 01:16 PM UTC
Hey Chris welcome to the club from a fellow modeller from "over the pond" so what genre do you model and what's you're preferred scale ?
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 817 Posts
KitMaker Network: 122 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 01:20 PM UTC
welcome to armorama devil dog, look forward to seeing some of you work. cheers Ant.
oh... almost forgot semper fi marine.
motorbreath23
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 01:54 PM UTC
Hey guys,

Darren: thanks for the encouragement as far as posting. unfortunately I don't have one single model that endured the last 20 years. they were all discarded eventually. I do intend on posting anything I do from this point, and I am pretty much relying on you guys to help me.

Lyndon: I am most interested in putting together dioramas in 1:35. I can say that I don't have a preferred genre because I have some ideas that incorporate air and armor, as well as sea and air. I like to tell stories. Since I am so poor at verbal storytelling, I try basically anything else. I look at modeling now as another way to tell a story. I have some ideas I think will be easy enough and incorporate an interesting narrative. I am looking to learn alot about figures here. The thing I think I was most interested in doing as a kid, yet never really had any guidance and always achieved less than satisfactory results. I will soon be posting a blog about my next project, which actually has personal relelvance for me. It'll be in 1:35 with figures and armor.

Ant: Cheers mate.

Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 04:14 PM UTC
I'll keep my eyes peeled for it Chris semper fi
captfue
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 785 Posts
KitMaker Network: 210 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 06:26 AM UTC
Chris Welcome aboard. nice to have another jarhead with us.
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 07:36 AM UTC
Welcome Chris! Always room for another elder bubba of glue!
Rick
jjumbo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 2,012 Posts
KitMaker Network: 54 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 07:48 AM UTC
Hey Chris,
Welcome aboard !!
If you're interested in the USMC in WW II and the PTO, here's a site that will be of some interest:

http://www.hardcorpsmodels.com/

Cheers

jjumbo
motorbreath23
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 08:04 AM UTC
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, looking forward to building with yas.
motorbreath23
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 08:17 AM UTC
whoa, thanks for that jjumbo!

after I get a little "seasoned" I plan to do a series of dios involving Marine Raiders including Makin Island, Gcanal, TUlagi, and a R&R dio set in New Zealand/Australia. That site will be a spot on reference.
 _GOTOTOP