_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Homaygulay! PEx is back!
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 292 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 - 02:23 PM UTC
Ano gagawin naten sa thread naten sa PEx? hehehehe
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 280 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 - 02:30 PM UTC
DEHINS NA! PUT#(%#)@(%)#%*%@_@$_(%(#(%(#%(&#(%(ANG SITE YUN

dito nalang tayo
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 - 02:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

DEHINS NA! PUT#(%#)@(%)#%*%@_@$_(%(#(%(#%(&#(%(ANG SITE YUN

dito nalang tayo

My sentiments exactly. Backup nila ay January 2003 so medyo matagal na yun.

Nandito na ba si palin sa Armorama? Most of us transferred na although under different nicks yung karamihan. Si blackonyx try ko i-text uli mamaya.
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 - 03:17 PM UTC
PEx? What's that?
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 - 03:30 PM UTC
PEx (or PinoyExchange ) is a local forum. It's very popular and it has a lot of topics. We had a few threads in the Hobbies forum. The most popular thread was started by palin. That's where I got to know some local modelers like Lattex, stressor, shonen_red and rysorne.

PEx's popularity is both it's greatest asset and worst liability. It's got a lot of people online most of the time and advertisers have taken notice. However, it suffers from really slow page load times and it sometimes kicks you out for no apparent reason. This happened to me a few times already and I've lost a lot of "meaty" posts because of this. This prompted one of us to set up a yahoogroups account as a temporary home for pinoy modelers. This did not gain popularity though.

Last month PEx was down for a loooooong time. Their hard disks got corrupted and it took them quite a while to get things up and running again. Now it's back, albeit with a few temporary restrictions since they're exercising the new servers. They're also uploading the backup files they had. The last upload is dated January 2003.

Would I go back to PEx? Maybe. If I want to connect with other Pinoys then it is the place to be. It still has a lot to offer. I'll stay with Armorama most of the time though since the modeling thread is the only reason why I go to PEx anyway. Armorama is where I get my modeling fix. Jim was also kind enough to give us our own forum and we are eternally grateful for that.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 - 10:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

PEx (or PinoyExchange ) is a local forum. It's very popular and it has a lot of topics. We had a few threads in the Hobbies forum. The most popular thread was started by palin. That's where I got to know some local modelers like Lattex, stressor, shonen_red and rysorne.

PEx's popularity is both it's greatest asset and worst liability. It's got a lot of people online most of the time and advertisers have taken notice. However, it suffers from really slow page load times and it sometimes kicks you out for no apparent reason. This happened to me a few times already and I've lost a lot of "meaty" posts because of this. This prompted one of us to set up a yahoogroups account as a temporary home for pinoy modelers. This did not gain popularity though.

Last month PEx was down for a loooooong time. Their hard disks got corrupted and it took them quite a while to get things up and running again. Now it's back, albeit with a few temporary restrictions since they're exercising the new servers. They're also uploading the backup files they had. The last upload is dated January 2003.

Would I go back to PEx? Maybe. If I want to connect with other Pinoys then it is the place to be. It still has a lot to offer. I'll stay with Armorama most of the time though since the modeling thread is the only reason why I go to PEx anyway. Armorama is where I get my modeling fix. Jim was also kind enough to give us our own forum and we are eternally grateful for that.

Yah, buti pa sa armorama! Mababait pa lahat ng members!
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 - 07:35 PM UTC
I have a comrade who works (part time?) for PEx and yeah, he did mention doing a LOT of backing up (the site was just so DAMN BIG!). Haven't gotten in touch with him lately though...
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
entire network: 292 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 04:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have a comrade who works (part time?) for PEx and yeah, he did mention doing a LOT of backing up (the site was just so DAMN BIG!). Haven't gotten in touch with him lately though...

PEx is by far the only site I know that pushed the MySQL (version 3 I presume) database to its absolute (crashable) limits. They oughta use MySQL 4 or 5, or start migrating to PostgreSQL.
 _GOTOTOP