_GOTOBOTTOM
Network Talk
For discussions about network-wide site topics, announcments, etc.
7 Years and this month 1 Tera-Byte of data
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 07:43 PM UTC
The KitMaker Network (being originally Armorama.com with areas for afv's, aircraft, ships, and figures) is officially 7 years old this month. We have also passed several key milestones lately. For example this month I actually had to up our bandwidth allocation from 1000GB to 1500GB. Including our ad server bandwidth (which is on another server) we did well over 1 TeraByte (1000GB) of data transfer this billing period (Nov-Dec 2009). When the site was about a year old we were doing about 50GB per month. For many years we were in the 200-300GB range, but with the advent of more people with high-speed connections you can see how quickly it's ramping up.

We have also been making some upgrades to the network recently. Just this weekend we have added general modeling categories like "Tools and Supplies" to all of the sites Reviews areas.

If you have an idea on how we can improve the site, remember that is what this forum is for. Speak up.

Best wishes this holiday season,
Jim
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2008 - 12:54 AM UTC
Happy Big 7, KitMaker!

Definitely some major milestones, Captain, great job one and all, we are the premier modeling website, and nobody can do it better, for sure!

Onward and upward!!
Tomcat31
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,828 Posts
KitMaker Network: 212 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2008 - 04:17 AM UTC
Happy 7th Birthday Kitmaker.net and here's to many more

Quoted Text

If you have an idea on how we can improve the site, remember that is what this forum is for. Speak up.

I do have a couple of suggestions.

1. Have unread posts attached to the users account (like most other forums do) rather than cookies on the PC. (I as probably others do) access Kitmaker from several PC's and it can get annoying seeing the post as being unread and it's even worse if you clear your cookies.
2. any chance we could have some new ranks? I for one would like to see RAF ranks (and can provide gifs if necessary).
3. Maybe roll the Contributors "medal" and "forum" out to other areas of the Network, Aeroscale, HF, etc.
4. Maybe looking into fixing the bug of the new post tick showing even though there are no new posts as first reported Here

OK the last one is more of a bug than an improvement

That's all I can think of for now.

Cheers

Allen
 _GOTOTOP