_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Springbok Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
What epoxy putty?
Mech_Inf
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 119 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 07:03 PM UTC
I have long been admiring some of the Armorama members' scratcbuilding- and figure conversion skills and I want to try it too. However, most of them are either in Europe or the US and use products such as Milliput or Kneadatite etc. What South African product would be the best to use ?
trakk120
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 194 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 06:14 PM UTC
Hey Hendrik

I don't think that there is actually a suitable SA equivalent. Herbert Evans Art Shops used to cell a two part epoxy modelling clay but on a very recent visit to them, I was informed that they no longer stock it as it was apparently a very slow seller! I think the best is to hop online an order some milliput from places like Historex agents in the UK or Squadron, Colorado Miniatures or The Red Lancers in the states!

Good luck

Cheers

Arthur
staalburger
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 08:33 AM UTC
Try good old fashioned "Pratley Putty Standard". The cheap stuff you find in hardware stores that consists of two slabs that must be mixed together. Works fine for larger type sculpting and can be machined/shaped very nicely once it has hardened. It operates on the same principle as Milliput and works very well.

HTH.
Mech_Inf
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 119 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 09:33 PM UTC
Staalburger

Thanks, I have been using Pratleys. Will continue doing so.

Cheers
 _GOTOTOP