_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Trouble ordering from Cromwell Models
funman4
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
entire network: 14 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2008 - 06:59 PM UTC
hi,

is anyone having trouble at the moment trying to get an order from Cromwell Models?
ive place an order and left many emails and phone msg's for which i have received no replies.

regards
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 14,499 Posts
KitMaker Network: 411 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2008 - 07:21 PM UTC
Hi Craig,

My advice would be to post a thread on Mil Mod as Gordon visits there.

AL
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,092 Posts
KitMaker Network: 438 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 05:51 AM UTC
I just completed an order with Gordon. I didn't get a response to every email but about a week or so later my credit card was charged and the items showed up about 2 weeks after that.

Paul
funman4
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 10:24 AM UTC
i know of 3 other people who are having major problems with cromwell at the moment.
one guy received the wrong kit and the kit that he received wasnt complete.
another guy received his kit and due to very poor packing the hull was damaged beyond repair.
and the last guy placed an order 4 weeks ago and charged au$700 to his credit card, still has not received the order and cromwell is not responding to any of the 3 guys emails and phone messages.
i dont know what is going on but if cromwell doesent improve his comunication methods i dont think he will be getting many more orders from the land of OZ.
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 06:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I just completed an order with Gordon. I didn't get a response to every email but about a week or so later my credit card was charged and the items showed up about 2 weeks after that.

Paul

I would submit this event as a company record response time for Cromwell..........
Seriously speaking, this is how that outfit operates since I got back into the hobby in 1999.
No dealer handles his products because Cromwell is just as flakey with them as the general consumer. Great products,outstanding in some cases,but transaction from weird start to agonizing finish defies any realistic business model in our universe. Why they still exist despite the endless stream of disgruntled customers would make a good episode for 'Mythbusters' on The Discovery Channel.
All the advce I have for you guys is to just hang in there and keep trying to get a raise out of them.Eventually,some day,somewhen, what you ordered will show up for you.
Until then,you might as well whittle away at your stash some more............
Rick
funman4
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 11:13 PM UTC
well ive done everything i can, i guess all i can do now is sit back and pray to the modelling gods!!!!!!!!!
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 330 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2008 - 06:18 AM UTC
If you've actually had your card charged and no indication that the model is on the way an email to Gordon suggesting you might be calling the Glasgow police usually gets a response. Frequently, little else does, I'm afraid.

Pretty much all of my UK friends will only buy from him when they see it on a stand at a contest having had the same service from within the British Isles. That says a lot, in my book. Of course, for us across the pond where stores don't stock his stuff, it means getting a friend in the UK to pick it up for us & ship it over. Nominally this should take much longer than a direct order, but it's always quicker and results in a better kit arriving at your door as naf kits aren't bought for you by your friends.

Paul
 _GOTOTOP