Post your kits for sale here.
LF: Imex or Kangnam 1/35 AH-64D Apache
DeskJockey
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,558 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 02:37 PM UTC
I recently heard that IMEX or Kangnam produced a 1/35 scale AH-64D Apache Longbow kit, but haven't been able to find one for sale anywhere. It is listed at $35 in a couple of places, but they are out of stock. Does anyone know the quality of the kit? Is it accurate? Is it worth it? If anyone has one in their stash, I might be interested in buying it.

Thanks!
nitrocomplex
Visit this Community
APO, United States
entire network: 349 Posts
KitMaker Network: 122 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 03:06 PM UTC
I bought one the second it poped up on greatmodels site and i wished i didn't poor detailing, fitment issues in places, and the instruction sheet was thrash very poor in detail placement for parts. The kit is shiny and looks good but not worth it i got half way then tossed it not to mention the figures that come with it look like crash test dummies funny yes but a let down.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 04:56 PM UTC
It has been out a few years now. Definitely not worth it. The fuselage is inaccurate as well. The D model is only their inaccuarte A model with the radome on top, no other D model upgrades (which there are many and they are major) were made to the kit.

If you want a good, large-scale Apache, get the Revell 1/32 kit and Verlinden upgrade set for it. It is very accurate and well molded. It will build up into a late '80s Apache out of the box. With some work, it can be brought up to a pretty current AH-64A.
DeskJockey
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,558 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 02:01 PM UTC
Thanks for the info, guys. I really appreciate it--it seems that I'd be well served to just stay away from the kit altogether.

_GOTOTOP