_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
A7-K, TA7- C Twosair reference material.
padams
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 5 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 07:44 AM UTC
Sirs:
I'm trying to locate either three views or factory sectional drawings for a Scratch project I'm starting for an often neglected subject; the A7-K / TA7-C Corsair ll Two seat version (Twosair).
This will be an anticipated 1/12th scale EDF project (Electric Ducted Fan).
I turn to this forum as an alternative since there's more hobby activity with plastic than R/C, and I feel I'll have better luck thru this venue

P.Adams
4thLAV_Bn
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 119 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 02:24 PM UTC
The Verlinden Publications book 'Lock On #9' has cockpit views, including the 2-seater, front and back. Thin book, but nice pics, well worth US$15... Link below is to Amazon, where I got mine; I have no pecuniary interest, etc etc

http://www.amazon.com/Lock-No-LTV-A7D-Corsair/dp/9070932229/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228443695&sr=8-3

I bought it with the intention of using it with the plans I downloaded from the Chance Vought site to build an A-7D EDF aircraft in 1/10 Hope that the book helps!
padams
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 11:35 PM UTC
Thaks for the reply Clark.
Do you know if C/V still has that plan set available for download?
I've already got the book you refer to.
I'm looking for fuse cross sectionals.
Squadron Publications isn't much help either

On my EDF project I'm shoehorning a Wemotec 480 Minifan into it. Looking for about 350 watts on a 4s battery. If I can keep it light (and the frontal area down; I should see about 90/110 mph

Thanks again
fercoravero
Visit this Community
Puerto Rico
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 05, 2008 - 01:23 PM UTC
Hello, did you try LTV A-7 from Bunrindo, a Japanese book, good reference book, but is in Japan but has nice pictures and diagrams including A-7K. Good luck.

Regards,

Luis
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 886 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 05, 2008 - 01:49 PM UTC
Here is the Vought website with the downloads I worked on the A7-E so I have kept track of the web site.
http://www.voughtaircraft.com/heritage/html/down.html
Kelly
4thLAV_Bn
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Friday, December 05, 2008 - 02:06 PM UTC
The site I got my drawings from was:

http://www.voughtaircraft.com/heritage/

Click on 'Line Drawings' and scroll down. There are also many other C-V aircraft represented there; I originally found it looking for source material on the XF5-U...

Make sure you download the large drawings (the ones that are strings of numbers to the right of the 'A7D' or 'A7E' column. The ones with the aircraft designations are small easy-download versions to quickly search for what you want; the ones to the right of them with the strings of numbers are the larger ones that can be expanded to scale better). I hope that makes more sense when you read it than it did typing it; you'll understand when you see the site.

None of the drawings on there are of the two-seater, but a creative mind could probably extrapolate the airframe, especially with the profiles of various stations along the fuselage that are on the line drawings. There are nine cross-sections of the fuse, five of the wing, and even 3 of the elevator!

Where are you looking at mounting the battery?

Edit: I see someone else saw the same site
padams
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 08:51 AM UTC
My intention is to access everything thru a hatch incorporating the wing center section for access to both the WM480 fan unit and an elogated battery tunnel which will progress forward under the cockpit floor to just under the front of the canopy frame. This way, I'll have some leeway as to battery placement (Fore/aft) for cg considerations, and I'll be able to avoid those nasty canopy blow-offs at speed.
Servo's will be buried within the framework. I've settled on a full flying stab utilizing a pivot rod which will carry from one side to the other thru the exhaust duct. Surprisingly, this is for simplicity when you consider the engineering of trying to mount horizontal stabs with almost no fuse depth in that area. It will be a lot stronger, and the losses shouldn't be much at all.
4thLAV_Bn
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 12:41 PM UTC
I agree on the minimal losses from a small-diameter rod, although you'll have to compromise a little on scale appearance at the stabs if they're on a common rod.
padams
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 02:00 PM UTC
I figure with the 5degree dihedral, and the rod exiting perpendicular to the fuse side, It should work ok. Each stab will have it's own HS-65 Hitec servo attached by link to a control horn incorporated with the inner-most rib of the stab. There will be two brass bushings imbedded in the stab; one inboard at the control horn, the other about half/span.
The stab will slide onto the rod and be retained by an imbedded collet - to be accessed on the bottom.
I just haven't figured yet if it will be foam core or build-up.
4thLAV_Bn
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 12:59 PM UTC
Either way, I am loking forward to seeing your build; please post some pics on here as you go
White_Rabbit
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
entire network: 14 Posts
KitMaker Network: 15 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 02:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Here is the Vought website with the downloads I worked on the A7-E so I have kept track of the web site.
http://www.voughtaircraft.com/heritage/html/down.html
Kelly

Nice Site ! great plans ! thanks for sharing !
jimz66
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 1,165 Posts
KitMaker Network: 33 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 03:01 AM UTC
Cool site thanks for the links.
skyhawk
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,095 Posts
KitMaker Network: 279 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 05:12 AM UTC
Ginter books just released one on the TA-7C and EA-7L. I started to convert one myself in 1/48 untill the RSVP resin conversion came out...I did salvage areas that I did better than the conversion..
Project is on hold right now..too many other things to do!

http://www.greatmodels.com/~smartcart/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=GIN78
 _GOTOTOP