_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Tamiya Model Club/Borgfeldt Canada
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 295 Posts
KitMaker Network: 34 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2008 - 07:52 AM UTC
I am a member of the club and the last issue of the magazine received was the August editon which i got that in the mail in early November.

Did any other members receive their Sept, Oct and November issues of the magazines yet? Anyone know why Borgfeldt is behind in mailing the magazines out?
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 06:53 AM UTC
finally got my September and October issues this week in the mail.
I had emailed Borgfeldt but they never got their reply.
The November issue has been in the book store for the past 2 weeks at least.

DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,226 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 03:22 AM UTC
Makes you wonder why anyone would bother getting their subscription through them?

D
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 05:12 AM UTC

Darryl
I got the subscription because it was a pretty good price deal compared to buying direct from the newstand. I've been a club member for about 11-12 years. You get a Tamiya catalogue and Italeri catalogue with the subscription.
Before the past 6- 8 issues were sent to me, the Tamiya Club was sending individual issues separately. Of course we in Canada would always be one issue behind what came out in the UK. I don't have a problem with that as it is the same situation for other UK based model magazines that you buy from the newstand. But in the last 6-8 issues, the Club would send two issues at a time. So there would be a big "gap" in between mailings. I wonder if the Club decided to do this to cut down on postal costs?
In case you are wondering, i still have not received any email response from Borgfeldt. It was not the first time i emailed them.

DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,226 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 11:57 AM UTC
Tony,

I too used to subscribe to the Tamiya model club but got tired waiting to get my magazines, especially when they often quite late compared to the news stands.

Darryl
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2008 - 12:17 PM UTC
It was nice to finally get an email reply from Borgfeldt 's sales staff yesterday.
I usually do not mind a bit of delay but the recent lag time was a little too long, which compelled me to ask/write to them.
 _GOTOTOP