_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Old Retired Navy Guy
Sammuel
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 200 Posts
KitMaker Network: 54 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 04:53 AM UTC
Hi to all;

My name is Sam and I have been retired from the Navy for the past 7 years. I was always a big modler when younger, but lost the time while in the service. I just started getting back into it, so I'm sorry about the future questions I may have. I'm doing some research righ now and getting my workbench up to speed. I hope to get good enough to enter in some of the competions I see posted.

Thanks for your time.
Sam
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 12:45 PM UTC
Sam,

Welcome to Kitmaker. Don't worry about asking questions, thats what we are all here for.

If you need help with anything give me a shout. I am an ex Navy guy myself.

Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 02:00 PM UTC

Welcome aboard, Sam. We've been awaiting your arrival!

Questions? That's what we do. Ask away. Read up. Glean what we have to offer. Make yourself comfortable. You're in the friendliest, most helpful modeling site on the internet.

Again, Welcome Aboard.

Cuhail
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 02:37 PM UTC
Hello Sam:
Nice to have another squid aboard, is it black shoe or airdale? All of the help that you could need is here with the members of armorama or aeroscale happy to provide the answers. You will find the community very helpful with data, references, insight, and how not to in several cases. Again welcome aboard Sam.

Robert
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 03:26 PM UTC
Welcome Aboard Sam.
Sammuel
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 200 Posts
KitMaker Network: 54 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 06:03 PM UTC
Thanks to all for a warm welcome. I'm a "Dirt Salor", Seabee. Spent most of my career with Mobil Construction Battalions and also 6 years as a SERE instructor.

I just picked up a 1: 48 Albatross DIII WW1 kit. Seems pretty basic and will take my time with it to get back in the swing of things. I really need to work on my painting. I built a scale of the USS Constitution about 5 years ago and it came out very sloppy. It kind of turned me off for a while. I'm trying to build my skills with this next kit. I don't have to rush it, so I will take my time.

I'm sure I will be asking for help.

Thanks again
Sam
 _GOTOTOP