_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Pe sets for Aoshima
Rommek
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
entire network: 26 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 - 08:05 AM UTC
HI all!
I am new in ship modelling and got a question about pe sets.
I wonder if there are any pe sets dedicated to Aoshima 1/700 models.
Where I could purchase such a sets?
cheers!
Maciek
pagodaphile
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 62 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 09:28 PM UTC
The short answer to your question is yes, but PE sets are generally made for the specific ship type rather than the kit maker. That being said, there are several makers of PE that can be applied to Aoshima kits. Lionroar, Toms, Flyhawk just to name a few. Be certain of which kit you actually have, Aoshima is known to have produced a number of generations of kits of the same ship. Some PE kits may be so specific to a particular kit that it may fit the newest version, but all the PE parts might not fit all the parts of an older version. The newer Aoshima kits are some times referred to as "new tooling" and may in fact come with some PE in the kit direct from the factory (sometimes labeled as super detailed version) There are many sources for this on the web, this site should be a good first stop, your local hobby shop and e-bay would be others.... A word of caution, I am experiencing problems with one of the Chinese PE makers for some Aoshima ships right now with missing parts. Your best first option is to find a reliable local source and stay with it until you get your "sea legs" again this site will lead you to many such providers. Good Luck......
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 06:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

HI all!
I am new in ship modelling and got a question about pe sets.
I wonder if there are any pe sets dedicated to Aoshima 1/700 models.
Where I could purchase such a sets?
cheers!
Maciek

Ahoy, Maciek,
Welcome to the Kitmaker Network, mate!

New to ship modeling, eh?
Well come on over to Model Shipwrights my friend, where you'll find all of the ship builders here!

Hope to see you in our forums soon!
~Gunny
 _GOTOTOP