_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
The incredib work of Sheperd Paine
jimdero
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 8 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 - 07:37 AM UTC
After several frustrating delays, I am proud to announce that my book on one of our hobby's greatest artists and innovators is finally available from Schiffer Publishing: SHEPERD PAINE: THE LIFE AND WORK OF A MASTER MODELER AND MILITARY HISTORIAN.

A gorgeously produced hardcover of more than 270 pages, it includes upwards of 700 photos (most in color) and nearly 130,000 words of text charting, for the first time, every piece that Shep did during his modeling career -- including, of course, his many memorable armor pieces.

The book is just now filtering into brick-and-mortar stores, and is not yet available from the most popular online bookstore, but the best place to buy it -- and the only place to get copies signed by Shep and me -- is via MMSI President and online entrepreneur Mike Cobb's Web site, Militaire Promotions, at http://www.milprom.com/Books/Sheperd_Paine.htm.

We hope you'll consider adding this book, a true labor of love, to your Christmas wish list!

Paine Book Final Cover 2
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,274 Posts
KitMaker Network: 30 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 - 11:05 AM UTC
I had the honor of meeting Sheperd Paine at a regional contest a dozen years ago. He's a gentleman of the old school and has probably done more to popularize diorama work since Bel Geddes.

I'm delighted this book has come out.

--Karl
 _GOTOTOP