_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Union Jack Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
ruined pics
kursk
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 214 Posts
KitMaker Network: 110 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 07:19 AM UTC
hi guys
is it possable for photos to be reduced down??? i took some pics into a high street devloper when i got them back they were the wrong size. hed done them 7/5 not 6/ 4 and lost the negs. their the the wrong size now for my albums and i cant cut them down so can they be reduced to 6/4? hes washed his hands off them offering me a free film
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 08:26 AM UTC
Scan them at high resolution 600 or so dpi and save them to a thumb drive, CD-Rom and bring them to a commercial pronter. You should be able to get just about any size. If you have a photo quality color printer and photo paper, you can do this at home.
kursk
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 214 Posts
KitMaker Network: 110 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 09:08 AM UTC
i dont have the equipment for that so wonder if a photo shop can do it ?????
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 09:39 AM UTC
Probaby. Also try am office store. We have Staples on this side of the pond which could prpbably do it as well.
jowady
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 115 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 07:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

i dont have the equipment for that so wonder if a photo shop can do it ?????

Most photo shops these days should have a piece of equipment known (in the US at least) as a "Kodak Printmaker". Fuji makes its own version (I don't know what its called.) With it you, or their techs, can scan your 5X7s and save them to digital files, which can then be printed to the size you need. Bear in mind that there will be some cropping due to the proportions of the originals. Also, there will be a slight increase in contrast.

As a former photo professional I can't believe that your lab tried to foist the old "free roll of film" off on you as the answer to your problem. Scanning and saving to a digital file would only cost them labor (in the old days they would have had to make copy negs, an involved and expensive procedure.) My advice, do not under any circumstances, patronize the outfit that ruined your film again.

John
jowady
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 115 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 07:57 PM UTC
Just another quick note, had any of my employees treated a customer the way that you were, I would have sacked them. You have every right to be livid.

John
 _GOTOTOP