_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
-Snow..
invictis
Visit this Community
Netherlands
entire network: 49 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 12:53 AM UTC
-Snow..how does one apply snow, I bought lot's of chalk, do I apply this with white glue or could I use white textured paint and then throw on the white chalk?
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 01:41 AM UTC
I use baking soda for snow. I have also heard of people using "microballoons" for snow and from the examples I have seen that works well also. You want to dilute some white glue with water and put it on your base. Then shift the baking soda on to it. Fake off the excess after it dries and repeat if you need to. Give it a shot.
turrettoad13
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
entire network: 607 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 05:21 AM UTC
Hello and welcome to armorama, subject snow . Well i'm no expert , but the way i try to repilicate snow is by mixing baby powder and baking soda. To apply to a display base use white glue,The way i apply snow to a tank ,jeep , truck ect. is to cut the glue with water load the mix in the air-brush .Then set to low pressure sprinkle the snow in front of the nozzle,spray and ta-da applied snow. To see a example of this go to rivet review look for WITTMANN'S TIGER RUSSIN FRONT JAN. 1944 . Hope this helps ,and good luck
TURRETTOAD-13 OUT .
ModlrMike
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 714 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 05:51 AM UTC
There are plenty of options for snow. Baking soda, alum, talcum powder, chalk dust, microbaloons. You just have to choose the one for you. Some folks mist on some aerosol hair spray, dust with talcum powder, and then mist again. I'm sure you'll find your way if you are willing to experiment.
 _GOTOTOP