Militaria Forum
For discussions on a range of topics like reenacting, vehicle restoration, and collecting.
My great wake up experience today!
bdpug
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 25 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 07, 2008 - 04:47 PM UTC
While driving to work this morning in my usual coma, I had the neatest experience. I was approaching my off ramp and needed to get by a semi so I sped up and pulled along side of it.

( Now to appreciate the level of mind numb I was in you need to know that I had been following BEHIND this truck for an least half a mile.)

Realizing I now had plenty of time to get in front of the semi I took a lazy look to my left in the trucks direction only to realize I was staring into the wheel of a Hanomag! Wow did that wake me up! A late 251 to be exact. All decked out in SS 3color. Also on the trailer in front of the 251 was a later Stuart M5 I think.

i would guess they were on their way or returning from a movie shoot? Man that was cool but I wish I could have noticed them earlier or had more time to oogle.

Anyway hope you enjoy my little offering.
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,661 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 07, 2008 - 11:13 PM UTC
haha that kind of experience would get me peeing my pants lol,

i used to get that type of mind numbing during my paper round! just slugging along in a sort of semi awake daze lol
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 386 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 07, 2008 - 11:53 PM UTC
I can see how that would wake you up! I was on the train the other day, dreaming out of the window, & in a farmyard by the railway was a Tiger, an Sdkfz251 & a Stug, all in 3 colour! made me sit up! On the way back I watched for them again, & realised that they were actually mockups - the Tiger was a SPR type on a T54 chassis, the Stug was on a FV432 chassis & I suspect the SPW was a Czech T80 - but still brightened my day. I realised I had seen them at Beltring.
marsiascout
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 1,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 08, 2008 - 07:40 AM UTC
A couple of days ago I was on the highway between Eindhoven and Tilburg, The Netherlands and there was a column of four trucks or so, all driving a cougar or other vehicle that looked like those including slat armor.

Lars
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,661 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 08, 2008 - 09:42 AM UTC
Lars seeing new stuff is exciting, but when u see ww2 stuff, its mega exciting:D
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 7,772 Posts
KitMaker Network: 802 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 08, 2008 - 02:46 PM UTC
What a fine how'd-ya-do in the a.m.!

I'd like to see that.
bdpug
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 25 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 - 04:43 PM UTC
Did I mention they were nicely weathered!