_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
What to do?
nitrocomplex
Visit this Community
APO, United States
entire network: 349 Posts
KitMaker Network: 122 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 07, 2008 - 08:43 AM UTC
What do i do with the paint?

Since i am planning on moving next january i have stopped building models and started selling off what i have built. But now i am left with alot of hobby gear tools, air compressor and items like that i need to get rid of by trying to sell for the money i will need. But i am left with one question what do i do with all the paint? i have 20+ cans of spray and about 20 or so bottles of paint i can't afford to ship them so sending them to some one is out of the question what else can i do?

35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
entire network: 3,212 Posts
KitMaker Network: 250 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 07, 2008 - 09:09 AM UTC
Is there a local hobby club in your area that would be happy to take them off your hands?
nitrocomplex
Visit this Community
APO, United States
entire network: 349 Posts
KitMaker Network: 122 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 07, 2008 - 09:38 AM UTC
I don't know but i can look into that.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 07, 2008 - 10:09 AM UTC

Maybe a school with an art program can take them. They won't get used for thier original task but they'd get used.
Bratushka
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,019 Posts
KitMaker Network: 332 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 07, 2008 - 11:07 AM UTC
i have seen assortments of paint go for surprising amounts of money on eBay if you want to try that. also, maybe list in the buy/sell section here. i think you will be limited to UPS/FedEx Ground for delivery, but that shouldn't be a hinderance. UPS stores are everywhere these days and they will pack and ship for you so you can skip that problem. the UPS web site has a very accurate shipping calculator so if you have an idea of the package weight you can round up the figure you use to cover yourself. i think eBay lets the bidder use their zip code to calculate shipping as well. If you go the eBay route think carefully about the wording of listing title line to get the most hits from people searching for model paint. use terms like model paint, the brands, bottles and aerosols, etc. there are many people here who do not like eBay for one reason or the other. personally, i have been an eBay user for going on 9 years with almost 1400 transaction under my belt and have had almost no trouble. three incidents out of 1400 isn't bad. i have had more unhappy events from retail merchants i visited personally. only once out of the 3 bad ones did i not get an item but PayPal refunded 100% of my money and eBay banned the seller. if you are new to ebay I suggest making a restriction on any bidders requiring them to have a minimum of, say, 50 feedbacks or more. most of the time the non payers are new eBay members. that restriction helps screen them out.
 _GOTOTOP