_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
MILES Belts for m1 Abrams tanks
turrettoad13
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
entire network: 607 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 12:52 PM UTC
I'm working on a M1A2 NTC dio ,and i need a bit of help finding the right "thing " to make MILES belts out of . Appericate the help have a good one. T T -13 OUT .
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 1,416 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 01:11 PM UTC
On a M-901 that I did a few years ago, I used thin strips of masking tape just taped on the model. I based mine off of a photo that I have where there's three rows of the 'tape'. No other means of adhesion to the model and after about four years, they're still in place. I applied the strips after the model was painted and hand brushed the tape. The actual MILES strip that I have has adhesive on one side with a velcro pile on the other. Measures 2" wide.

HTH
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 02:25 PM UTC
Have you tried drafting tape? It is found in the drawing supplies area of arts & crafts stores. The drafting tape is bascially a little thicker than masking tape but comes in various widths. Looks a lot like the pin striping tape used in car detailing. I think the brand is Geo something.

Use drops of Elmer's glue to replicate the sensors and paint them gloss black.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 03:25 PM UTC
I used a thin strip of masking tape as a MILES belt on an M1 several years ago. Forget now what I used for sensors, though. It all started, however, with the MILES smoke ejectors from the Tamiya equipment pack and wound up with a scratchbuilt blank shredder on the .50.
turrettoad13
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
entire network: 607 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 05:18 AM UTC
Thank You all very much!!!
T T-13 OUT.
 _GOTOTOP