_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
San Diego Hobby Shops
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 12:37 PM UTC
Just landed a two week gig in San Diego.
Don't worry, my cyber recon skills are probably as good as the next guy's, so I'm not gonna ask where the all of the shops are. I've found several and narrowed it down to two of the most promising - Central Hobbies and Discount Hobby warehouse. My time will be very limited so I'm wondering if any San Diego residents have a preference if you only had time for one. I've spoken to both on the phone and of course that isn't always reliable.(past experience)
I primarily like a good onhand stock of resin and PE, so if you have any thoughts, I'd be happy to hear them.
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,274 Posts
KitMaker Network: 30 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 05:20 AM UTC
Hello,

You may also want to check out Phillip's Hobbies at 325 Main Street in El Cajon.

--Karl
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 12:27 PM UTC
Thanks, I may give them a try.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 07:31 PM UTC
I found Discount Hobby Warehouse to be the best in the San Diego area. I would go down to SD from Ft Irwin quite often. Great beaches and just an all round great town. Have fun there.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 01:57 AM UTC
Thanks. It's at the top of the list. Not sure about the beach on my own time, but I WILL be on Coronado Island most of the time...
reisscarmodler
Visit this Community
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 - 08:06 PM UTC
there's a Hobby People store a stonesthrow away from it but i aint sure if they still have it open on that location but DHW have better stuff when it comes to model kits but if you're over up north by Orange County, Brookhurst Hobbies have lotsa armor and military stuff. anyways, hope that helps.
sfctur1
Visit this Community
entire network: 643 Posts
KitMaker Network: 109 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2009 - 04:24 AM UTC
I a am also in San Diego county. I have found it is just eaiser to order from Great Models or Squadron Models. Most of the shops don't really have that great of a selection. Also if you are in town this weeken thee is a Hobby Show in El Cajon on saturday June 6th. It Has model contest and a really good amount of sellers at the swap meet. It is at the San Diego Air & Space Museum Gillespie Field Annex 335 Kenny Street, El Cajon.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2009 - 04:32 AM UTC
Cool! I've another gig that starts on 3 June for 2 1/2 weeks. Most on Coronado, and a bit near Mt. Laguna toward the end. (mountain and beach all in one gig, what a job, eh?) I'll definitely want to check it out if I can tear myself away from the Tilted Kilt. Perhaps I'll see you there.
 _GOTOTOP